Menu
Highlighted
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports/Cinema device change

So I have both of the 2 devices slots for Sky Cinema/Sports taken up, by 2 Android tablets. I'd lilke to make one change, but both slots are apparently in use by "Android Phone" - there is literally no differentiation between them. Apart from just picking one of them at random and hoping it's the right one... (and if it's not, that's then 2 more changes just to undo the first change).... is there any other way of telling Device A from Device B when both have the same label?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports/Cinema device change

Hi japitts, 

Thanks so much for your post - sorry about any confusion with this. 

If they both have the same name, there would be no way to differentiate them I;m afraid. When I added my devices, it allowed me to name them - once you have managed to change them over, change the name when you register so you can pin point them next time, 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And therein lies the rub. I know I would never have accepted a device name such as these when registering them, so they have come from somewhere or been renamed to a default by a rogue system bug.

I guess VM seem to be saying "try removing one device and if it's the wrong one you'll have to wait another month". I appreciate it's a Sky app which VM just allow us access to, but something just doesn't seem right about this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Due to the way the Sky apps work, there is no option during registration to name them. So the names are the default ones that the Sky apps feed into the device registration system.

Once a device is registered it can be renamed via the Virgin Media page.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos