cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

mhk
Tuning in

We have the Full House package (including Sky Sports and Cinema). Is an extra subscription required to watch live Sky Sports events on the go? If not, how do I access them? Via the Sky Go or Virgin apps? Help!

332 REPLIES 332

Hi MitchellThomas9,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're still experiencing an issue with the Sky Sports app.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see that this has been raised with the team and is in hand, they will contact you regarding this.

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex, do you know when this will be? I’m sure I first raised this issue way before Christmas.

Mitch

Hi Mitchell, apologies for the delay. We are aware of this problem and there is currently an estimated fix date of 17th Jan by 12 noon. 

Will you let us know if the problem is still persisting on 18th so we can offer further support?

All the best. 

Molly

shaunharley
Joining in

I can't log in on the sky sports app just keep getting "this page as timed out". Tried on Android 8 tablet, Android 10 phone and a Windows 10 computer. Tried Google and Opera browser. Tv go works perfectly, so the problem lies on the Sky sports login

Hi shaunharley,

Very sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Sky Sports app. We are aware of a problem and are investigating it, we hope to have this resolved soon.

You can view updates here

Alex_Rm

I have FINALLY discovered what to do. When you put your credentials in and click to submit / enter, it first looks like nothing has happened. Don't click enter again , rather wait for 20 seconds or so and it eventually works. If you don't wait and click it twice - it then times out

Hi KeithGs, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know things are resolved for you when waiting. 

It's great to hear this. The teams are still investigating this anyways so hopefully before long it will be resolved so there is no time out or wait period. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi,

I also have a similar problem but with a different error message. I am trying to watch Sky Sports Live TV on the Sky Sports app on my iPad Pro but when I try to open a channel on Live TV a message says “Could not play channel. Your subscription does not allow you to watch this programme. You can upgrade by visiting Sky.com”. I have the Ooomph package which I understood would allow this. My software is up to date iPadOS 15.4.1, I have deleted the Sky Sports app and re-installed, I have logged in again and still it won’t play Live TV. Any ideas? I am currently not on my own Wi-Fi network as I am visiting family. Is this a factor possibly?

Hello IanT66,

Thanks for your post 

Sorry though to hear about the issues streaming Sky Sports

Being home or will not matter to ne honest 

Have you been able to view content before?

Does this happen on another device?

Gareth_L

Hi,

Thanks for your help and sorted now.

I was looking for the VM login on the Sky Sports app but couldn’t find it but then I read somewhere you need to login via SkySports.com not the app. I then looked there and mistakenly tried to login via the Sky login boxes and didn’t notice the separate buttons to click on for Virgin TV UK etc. It was my poor observation/reading of the page. When I used the button I could then login using my VM login rather than the Sky login I had created. In summary it was me rather than the system that was lacking. If I was being defensive perhaps the VM button(s) could have been boxes laid alongside the Sky login boxes for idiots like me that don’t look at the whole page. I would suggest though that the SkySports app also had a similar VM login added for VM users.

Thanks again, Ian