cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

ModTeam

Hello, 

We have seen a number of our Community members have an issue with logging into the Sky Sports app, be it directly, or through Virgin TV Go. Currently, we have been unable to replicate this throughout our teams. Everything is looking OK in the back end.

Please ensure when you are logging in, you are using the Virgin Media tile on the Sky Sports app. 

If this is still causing issue, please try re-registering your device via the TV Go settings.

Should you still have an issue after both of these things have been tried, please leave a message on this post and we will raise an individual ticket for you. Please leave discussions about the problem to the other mega-thread here, so we can quickly identify the people affected.

In the thread below, please leave the following information:

What device are you using?

What software is the device running? 

Has your device got any updates that it needs to run?

I appreciate some may have provided this information in the other thread.

Many thanks, 
ModTeam
95 REPLIES 95

Okay, just come across the issue because I've not used Sky Sports for ages.

The Virgin Media login is broken in Chrome and Edge (Windows 11) and on the Android App (Android 12). It however works with Firefox under Windows 11.

Differently an issue on the login page for the majority of browsers at the moment.

Virgin TV 360 + Virgin TV 360 Mini

Gig1 > Hub 4 in Modem Mode > Taotronics Mesh Wi-Fi

Hi Luk34ddo, thank you for letting us know. 

Are you also currently unable to login to your My Virgin Media account?

Did it give you the 3 options provided on the post by New Apollo on this page (top post on the page)?

If you can also please provide:

• Sky app player version number
  • Device make/model
  • Connection type (WiFi/Ethernet/data)
  • Error message

All the best. 

Molly

Hello

Have a new account so haven't had any account registered yet but not able to watch any content. Virgin media app itself works fine however sky sports does not. Can login but not able to watch

Sky sports version 8.26.1

Android 12 Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 

The error message was apologies we can't load this content at the moment. Please try again later

On both WiFi and 4g

The error message was apologies we can't load this content at the moment. Please try again later

On both WiFi and 4g

Hi Molly,

I'm able to log into my VM account on the VM website just fine. Just unable to log into it to access Sky Sports on mobile or PC (apart from using Firefox).

I've tried everything to be honest. Tried using different DNS providers, tried using a VPN, cleared cookies/cache, different browsers, mobile data and using VM Broadband.

This is what I'm using on my mobile

• Sky app player version number: 8.26.1
  • Device make/model: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
  • Connection type (WiFi/Ethernet/data): WiFi/Mobile data
  • Error message: Opps  -the page has timed out. Looks like this session has expired.

On my PC

• Sky app player version number: Latest version from Sky website
  • Device make/model: Windows 11 PC (Doesn't work with Chrome version 99 or Edge version 99
  • Connection type (WiFi/Ethernet/data): WiFi/Ethernet/Mobile Data
  • Error message: Opps  -the page has timed out. Looks like this session has expired.
Virgin TV 360 + Virgin TV 360 Mini

Gig1 > Hub 4 in Modem Mode > Taotronics Mesh Wi-Fi

hi 

im also having this issue

on both PC and mobile 

• Sky app player version number: 8.26.1
  • Device make/model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
  • Connection type (WiFi/Ethernet/data): WiFi/Mobile data
  • Error message: Apologies we cant load this page at the moment Please try again later

On my PC

• Sky app player version number: Latest version from Sky website downloaded today
  • Device make/model: Windows 11 PC (Doesn't work with Chrome version 99 or Edge version 99
  • Connection type (WiFi/Ethernet/data): ethernet

PC to me seems to be some kind of capture issue or somethig as it will sometimes ask for me to complete a capture but then still errors other times just straight errors 

I use the PC app alot and over the last couple of days its really been playing up but today its almost impossible to get on

same issue here, cant login, but do get the choose the pictures prompt, after that i get apologies, we cant load this content at the moment. please try again later. same on pc and andriod tablet

Also this but with Windows 10 although i am able to access this via mobile i phone 11 pro but not through my lap top which i use a lot as i have cateracts and can hardly see mobile device , please fix this asap  

I Have the same issue on android app won't load any content for the live tv same message. 

still having issues today 

i notice on the logon screen 

when you click log in the captcha logo flashes in the bottom right if you click it

it says "this site is exceeding its captcha quota"

then goes to the usual 

Oops – the page has timed out

Looks like this session has expired.

To continue, close this page and start again.