cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

mhk
Tuning in

We have the Full House package (including Sky Sports and Cinema). Is an extra subscription required to watch live Sky Sports events on the go? If not, how do I access them? Via the Sky Go or Virgin apps? Help!

332 REPLIES 332

Thank you. I have no idea why that makes a difference but I could now access that page so thank you again. 

This is what I saw.

C92AB279-07C7-4DA6-944F-11FEC1A62342.png

it’s interesting how Virgin says I can register up to 5 devices and sky say 6. I watch a film or part of it as a test on my phone through sky cinema  on the virgin go tv app earlier. But when I tried sky sports and it says it needs to exit virgin go tv to go to the sky sports app it won’t let me watch live tv. Are you going to suggest I manually delete all the devices and start again? 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There used to be a separate Sky Cinema app too but Sky closed that down last year and so Virgin Media were able to add Sky Cinema channels and On Demand into TV Go.

Sky Sports is a still separate app run by Sky so currently has its own devices list. When you select Sky Sports in TV Go it links out to the Sky Sports app and so swaps from using the TV Go device list to the Sky Sports one.  

So yes I would recommend deleting all the existing devices listed in the Sky Sports list and trying the Sky Sports app again.

As soon as you try and watch content in the Sky Sports app it should register the device in one of the now free slots.

For whatever reason unlike the TV Go device list there isn't a 'replace a device?' prompt when the list becomes full of existing devices and you start using a new one. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Finally. Thank you so much!!!!

This should be posted as a new thread with these instructions in it based on the number of posts there are complaining about this issue. 

Thanks again. So much more helpful than the Virgin customer service team! 

Beth, any joy investigating my inability to login to Sky Sports ? 

fincooper
Joining in

Keep getting:

Oops
There is a problem with your login.
We can't check your account details right now. Please try again later.
Had this issue for the past 3 weeks.

Can't watch Sky sports through TV go app or the actual Sky app at all.

Someone please PM. 

JN11
Joining in
I am getting the below error when trying to add a sky device. I am still unable to login to sky sports app via virgin link. such a joke and false promise by virgin. Its like virgin has not sent my subscription details to sky. systems are definitely not talking to one another... can someone from virgin please help.. or someone

Sorry it has not been possible to retrieve the number of changes you have left this month. Please try again later

Hi Smithpwm66,

Thank you for supplying the requested details via PM with me. I know that some of the questions asked may seem irrelevant, but we just need as much info as possible so that we can raise the ticket.

A ticket has now been raised for you. As soon as I do receive an update I shall let you know.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Thx - I know this been escalated with the IT several times without success but fingers crossed this time.

Juicer
On our wavelength

I am also having this proble. Cannot log into sky sports website from pc or laptop which were registered. Error message

There is a problem with your login.
We can't check your account details right now. Please try again later.

i have also tried with a brand new laptop which recieves the same message. I have tried to remove both devices but the page times out for the pc and laptop. I can access it on my new laptop and i have removed them but they still show on the virgintv page. All  devices win10 on firefox and fully up to date.

Please help

Hi @Smithpwm66

We've heard back from IT - it should now be fixed,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill