cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

ModTeam

Hello, 

We have seen a number of our Community members have an issue with logging into the Sky Sports app, be it directly, or through Virgin TV Go. Currently, we have been unable to replicate this throughout our teams. Everything is looking OK in the back end.

Please ensure when you are logging in, you are using the Virgin Media tile on the Sky Sports app. 

If this is still causing issue, please try re-registering your device via the TV Go settings.

Should you still have an issue after both of these things have been tried, please leave a message on this post and we will raise an individual ticket for you. Please leave discussions about the problem to the other mega-thread here, so we can quickly identify the people affected.

In the thread below, please leave the following information:

What device are you using?

What software is the device running? 

Has your device got any updates that it needs to run?

I appreciate some may have provided this information in the other thread.

Many thanks, 
ModTeam
95 REPLIES 95

Re-registering the devices didnt fix my issue but what i did find that worked, was to open Sky Sports app and in the bottom left, click on 'Sign in with Virgin' or something similar and now i can watch Sky Sports etc.

freeby
Tuning in

Thanks to all that  replied to my post and adviced me about the above post, however this didn't work for me

Cheers

Thanks pptman4 your answer seems to have worked for me

Not too sure who made the change but access to Sky Sports was via Virgin TV Go but now its from Sky Sports but using Virgin credentials. Maybe a little more communication next time a change is made might be nice?

Dead right there communication from virgin needs to change.I’m a sliver surfer in my 80s and could do with a lot more info on getting around uncorking apps especially as this problem is months old virgin should have sorted sooner 

NeilLucz
Joining in

Still getting the problem.

Error message is -

Oops

There is a problem with your login.

We can't check your account details right now. Please try again later.

This is the same on-

Tablet -

HUAWEI MediaPad M5 lite 10 (Android 8.0.0) all updates - Sky Sports App version 8.24.3 (269) - Virgin TV Go version 4.34.0 Prod (4.34.20.093)

Phone -

Motorola Razr 5G (Android 11) all updates - Sky Sports App version 8.24.3 (269) - Virgin TV Go version 4.34.0 Prod (4.34.20.093)

PC -

Windows 10, any Browser and SkySports App installed

Using the Virgin TV Go app on my phone, or tablet I see 4 devices as per the TVGo Device Management - Tablet and Phone attachment - with the only option to replace, but that does not work and provides a different error - Replace - Sorry attachment.

Razr 5G - current phone
IPad
Razr 5G - no idea where this comnes from, may have been a previous app install, but not too worried
Huawei - current tablet

However on my PC I onsly see 2 devices, not 4, with options to Rename or Delete.

I deleted the Tablet and Phone (only 1 shown here before) thinking that re-installing the app on thyem and logging in again would re-register as per a previous post on this forum. How wrong was I on that one!!!

I have attached screenshots of the various screens on my PC that end in the same result.

On my PC I downloade the new Sky Sports App - https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/34716/10698060/download-instructions - opened it and it passes you over to the Sky Sports website to login, but that gives no different result and have attached screenshots of that process as well.

I find it all very strange that all of this has started after a recent debacle I had with my email service where you forced me to change my password after totally blocking my email which then took you a week to sort out and I cannot access sky sports which I like to have on in the background whilst working in my office at home. Currently enjoying Ken Bruces pop master and the delights of Jeremy Vine and crew but would be nice to watch some golf etc instead.

I pay a lot of money for your services which over the past 20 years have been pretty good but recently the service provided is nowhere near what I would reasonably expect!!!!!

PC Sky Sports Login - oauth.virginmedia.comPC Sky Sports Login - oauth.virginmedia.comPC Sky Sports Login StartPC Sky Sports Login StartPC Sky Sports Login - time outPC Sky Sports Login - time outReplace - Sorry.PNGTVGo Device Management - PCTVGo Device Management - PCTVGo Device Management - Tablet and PhoneTVGo Device Management - Tablet and PhoneVM SkySports Authentication ErrorVM SkySports Authentication Error

freeby
Tuning in

Hi,

I am still having the same issue. I have tried every suggestion so far, and thanks to all that have replied. Thanks to newapollo I installed firefox and de registered my phone

Screenshot_20211104-134007_Firefox.jpg

 I uninstalled Sky Sports and TV Go then reinstalled. Logged into tv go and selected sky movies, everything works great. Tried Sky Sports and this then takes me to the Sky sports app, I login by pressing the virgin customer option and provide the login information and get the same error 

Screenshot_20211104-134311_Sky Sports.jpg

 please help, I really need this for the weekend.

Thanks again to everyone who has tried to help so far

freeby
Tuning in

Hello,

Please could a Virgin Media moderator look into this for me.

freeby
Tuning in

Thanks to all for your help, I tried this morning and it just started to work😀

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad this is now working for you @freeby

Kind regards,

Zak_M