cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

ModTeam

Hello, 

We have seen a number of our Community members have an issue with logging into the Sky Sports app, be it directly, or through Virgin TV Go. Currently, we have been unable to replicate this throughout our teams. Everything is looking OK in the back end.

Please ensure when you are logging in, you are using the Virgin Media tile on the Sky Sports app. 

If this is still causing issue, please try re-registering your device via the TV Go settings.

Should you still have an issue after both of these things have been tried, please leave a message on this post and we will raise an individual ticket for you. Please leave discussions about the problem to the other mega-thread here, so we can quickly identify the people affected.

In the thread below, please leave the following information:

What device are you using?

What software is the device running? 

Has your device got any updates that it needs to run?

I appreciate some may have provided this information in the other thread.

Many thanks, 
ModTeam
95 REPLIES 95

I am also having this same issue, unable to login to sky sports via the sky sport’s app via vm tile. I’ve been on chat with Virgin for ages and I’ve done all the things they have said. Changed password, updated everything. Clear led my registered devices with tv to go app and reregistered them. Please resolve this I feel like I’m not getting the full service but paying for it. 

ppittman4
On our wavelength

Can anyone tell me how to unregister a device? I am in Device Management on iPad, iPhone and laptop and I can see no option to remove any of the 4 devices i have registered. 

If i click on Manage my Sky Devices on my laptop, i am redirected to manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com but it never seems to be able to load the page. I have also tried using Edge and Chrome.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ppitman4,

The following link worked for me using Firefox 

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thanks newapollo,

Tried that link but under 'Your Devices' it says i have none but the all the other sites say that I have 4.

Think its time Virgin should really have resolved this issue anyway.

tc472
On our wavelength

Morning all,

Slightly off topic...

With the Sky Sports app on PC, it's very laggy. I have good internet speeds and an i7 PC. Don't have any issues with viewing anything else, just Sky Sports.

Any ideas folks?

Hi tc472,

Thanks for the query in regards to the Sky Sports app via your PC, we've taken a look into this and can see this seems to be reported quite a bit on the Sky forums and would appear to be something they're aware of. As there are so many possible PC set up's with CPU's etc this probably isn't a hardware issue but maybe just poor optimistaion of the service.

We'll pass this to our team to get it looked into.

Rob

gilbertbrian
Tuning in

I have tried deleting and reregistering both Virgin tv go and sky sports several times with no luck can a ticket be raised to sort this out thank you Brian GILBERT

freeby
Tuning in

Hello,

I am having the same issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the sky sports app.

I have tried to de register my device however I get the following error 

Screenshot_20211103-072518_Virgin TV Go.jpg

 I am loging in as required

My phone is running android 9 the latest version I can use on this phone, which is fully updated.

I have tried via a web browser using the latest version of Chrome also Microsoft Edge

I have reset my password to ensure that wasn't the problem 

I would be most grateful if this could be sorted out before the weekend end

Many thanks 

Hi tc472, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message and for passing data protection. 

I have reset the devices for you now 🙂

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am despairing now I have paid for sky sports but still cannot get this on my iPad virgin media have had months to rectify this problem looks like the only answer is to cancel virgin account and sign up with sky