cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

mhk
Tuning in

We have the Full House package (including Sky Sports and Cinema). Is an extra subscription required to watch live Sky Sports events on the go? If not, how do I access them? Via the Sky Go or Virgin apps? Help!

332 REPLIES 332

jools19797979
Tuning in

There is still an issue, hasn’t worked for over 2 months now!!!!

sky sports app offered a updated yesterday to help manage virgin subcribers ect ,and guess what, yeah still not working!!!

Hi marcbrownett, 

Thanks for coming back to us here with an update. I can only apologise that the recent app update didn't help. 

The team are aware of this and will be looking to raise this again with the relevant teams. 

Once we have more information, we'll let you know. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Really can’t fathom why this is an issue. Surely Sky and Virgin should be working together to fix this. Kind of grudge paying for sky sports when only one option to watch is available seriously considering switching to Sky for everything. 

Hi jools19797979

Thank you for your post. 

We appreciate this must be frustrating and we just wanted to confirm that we have provided your details to the team handling this issue to investigate further. 

We will update the thread as soon as we have more information. 

Thanks 

Nat

a guy called mathew rang me yesterday to try to get  it sorted said he would call back today, when i told him about someone else said that to me weds and didnt get back,mathew said i am not like that i want to get this sorted out for you i will ring you today , he sounded genuine, ha guess what not a word ,thanks mathew and thanks virgin ,disgusting !!

Good Morning @marcbrownett,

Can you please advise me if you have attempted to reset any devices your registered for the Sky Sports subscription on your TV Go account?

If you log into your TV Go account, via a web browser, you will be able to manage the devices that are currently using the Sky Sports application

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

thank s ben but again no joy ,instored virgin go on my pc its saying no subscription and error code ovp_00005 !

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@marcbrownett 

Is your PC listed on this page? The page doesn't always open using Chrome, but should open if you use Firefox or Edge.

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices 

Also, you can't actually watch Sky Sports via the TV Go app, you need to install the web based Sky Sports player.

Go to skysports.com  click on Watch Sky Sports, select the program you want, a new screen opens saying log in to watch.

Then log in using your VM credentials via the Virgin TV UK option as shown in the screenshot below.

A new screen will open showing as per the second screenshot - if you haven't already installed the Desktop Player you will have the option to download it. If you already have the Desktop Player click on continue and the program should open in a new tab (this may behind any current browser screen you have open)

Desktop playerDesktop player

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

no good just get error ovp_00005  !