cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

mhk
Tuning in

We have the Full House package (including Sky Sports and Cinema). Is an extra subscription required to watch live Sky Sports events on the go? If not, how do I access them? Via the Sky Go or Virgin apps? Help!

332 REPLIES 332

jdbainers
Joining in

Hi,

Ever since we moved home I've not been able to log into the Sky Sports App via the Virgin Media single sign on form. When logging in I get this message:

'There is a problem with you login. This account is not currently active. Please contact Virgin Media to reactivate.'

I have phoned virgin media 3 times for help, but they aren't responding to this issue. I actually don't know how i can raise this complaint highter. I'm able to watch sky sports on my Virgin Media box, but not able to log into the app.

Does anyone have any assistance here?

Thank you 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jdbainers,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post! I'm really sorry to hear of the issue you're having with your Sky Sports log in.

It's possible that we need to transfer some details from a previous account with us to your current one, if you have recently moved home. I'll be able to look further into this for you, so I'll just send you a private message to get the account details from you.

Please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

sarahm12
Joining in

Hi Molly_G. Im having this problem. Can you please contact me about fixing it?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sarahm12 

What's the problem you're having? It's often better to start your own thread explaining the issues you're having, than add to someone elses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your VM subscription includes access to the mobile apps, but there is potential for confusion with how you do it... and Sky Go is for Sky-TV customers, so you don't use that.

Virgin TV Go provides access to all the Sky Cinema content, you just login using your standard credentials.

For Sky Sports, the TV Go app provides a listing & a shortcut, but you'll be using the Sky Sports app to view them. On the login screen, there's a small "login using VM-UK" logo below the main username prompt. You should use this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @sarahm12,

Thanks for you post and welcome to our forums. I am sorry for the continued error you've been having with the Sky Sports log in. I'll look into this for you and will send you a private message to confirm your account details.

For some context @japitts, I was previously speaking with @jdbainers but could not help resolve the situation as I needed to speak directly with the account holder - I therefore requested sarahm12 get in touch directly so that I could get this Sky Sports login issue resolved.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @mhk, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Have you been able to access the content following on from the excellent advice from @japitts?

Do feel to come back to us, even if it's just to confirm that accessing the content has been possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

FootyFanatic
Dialled in

Error Message 'There is a problem with your login. We can't check your account details right now. Please try again later'

This is on the Sky Sports app across multiple devices. IOS/Android.

Just to clarify I am clicking the 'Sign In With Virgin UK' this has worked for years. I can login perfectly fine to my account and on the TV Virgin Go app. I can also login fine to  and Sky Device Settings - Virgin TV Go - Virgin Media

I have been using Sky Sports app for years....

Can anyone help? 

R1L3Y
Tuning in

Seen a few other people having this issue but can't reply to their threads, had this since yesterday where I can't sign into the sky sports app, it says sorry we can't check your details right now. I know the details are right as I can sign into the virgin site just fine. 

Screenshot_20210815-103044_Sky Sports.jpg