cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App - not loading just black screen

ricimartin
Joining in

Hi There,

I am trying to watch Sky Sports on the App on my Windows PC. Everytime I load it the app loads and just reterns a black screen. The app then crashes/disapears after 5-10 seconds. I have tried the following with no success:

Re starting computer

Re installing the app (after a full unistall)

Turning off all firewalls

And multiple options of the above!

Any advice/suggestions would be much appriciated!

27 REPLIES 27

It would be yes, 

Thanks Lewis 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

i have done this and have since received no replies? I’ve already missed tonnes of live football on my laptop and will miss more as i still am not getting any help.

thanks

lewis

I started my own thread and have also had zero help. Top notch service as ever from Virgin. 

Hi, I have just joined the community and I am experiencing this issue, I have done all the above (reinstall the app, tried in different browsers - Edge & Chrome) and up to date with the latest Windows 10 Patches too.  Can you please help me, many thanks.

Hi EddieSpurs, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed reply. Can you confirm what device you are used and the error message you are getting? Have you been able to text any other devices? Chris. 

Hi Chris, like all the other users there is no reported error only a blank black screen. As a reminder 1) All other VirginGo channels are fine for example I can watch BT sport, I can view on other Windows devices and my mobile so issue specific to this PC. I have tried all three browsers with no success. I removed my Anti Virus software just in case that was blocking but no success. The issue is with the SkySports desktop player that VirginGo re-directs you to. Sky sports.exe tries to open a new Web browser page which constantly comes up blank. The trouble is we are trying to watch a virgin service via a Skysports app so getting support for this issue is very hard. Sky won't help as we are not direct Sky customers and Virgin support get confused because it's using Sky sports.exe. The solution would be playing Sky Sports through Virgin Go like BT sport. When will SKY and Virgin allow each other to do that and stop poor users falling between a support gap.  

It looks like a permission issue.

I have this on a Windows 11 machines.

Install the Sky Desktop app, find the shortcut that runs it, it'll be somewhere like...
     C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Right click, Properties, Shortcut tab, Advanced button and ticket the "Run as Administrator" tick box..
Ok, Apply until closed then try again

You'll have to open the Desktop Player manually (so it opens with Admin rights), then from Sky Sports website choose you channel.  If you don't start the app manually and let the browser start it it won't be in admin mode.