cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App Not Working

RianLal
Tuning in

I cannot get the Sky Sports app to work.  I have installed and reinstalled several times but I

RianLal_0-1626779184135.png

20 REPLIES 20

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi RianLal,

As per the onscreen message in your photo, do you have a current subscription to Sky Sports?

You need to use the Sky Sports app to watch on ios or android. Sign in as per the picture below.

Please note although you can register more than one device, you can only watch one stream at a time.

If  you are using a desktop or laptop then  you need to go to  skysport.com and select Log In

1. Select the Virgin TV logo to the left of the Sky sign section in and then log in using your My Virgin Media username and password
  2. You can then choose a channel to watch from any of your subscribed Sky Sports channels.
  3. When you select a show to watch you’ll be prompted to download and install the Sky Sports Player. Once installed, your content will start playing, and your device will be automatically registered.

When you select a show to watch you’ll be prompted to download and install the Sky Sports Player. Once installed, your content will start playing, and your device will be automatically registered. 

sky sports ios/android app log insky sports ios/android app log in

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your answer Dave. 

Yes I do have a Sky Sports subscription, and had done all the below before I got the onscreen message.   

Hi RianLal, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting this error message. I think the best thing to do will be to reset things for you and go from there but in order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi RianLal, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

I have reset the devices for you now. Please clear the cache and cookies on your browser and restart it. 

You should then be able to log in and add the device again for you to watch the Sky Sports content. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hello Kath,

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately, this still does not work.

KR

Hi KR, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and apologies to hear that things still aren't working. 

Are you able to navigate to see which devices you have registered? You may need to manually remove the device yourself. To do this sign in to TV Go. > Once signed in go to Settings > Device Management > Manage My Sky Devices. This should help to remove the registration. 

Another thing to try is changing your log in password. To do this sign in to My VM. > Once signed in go to My Profile > Change password. Once this is done, try accessing Sky Sports again.

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

I have no devices in manage my sky devices.

I have changed my password also, and this still does not work

KR

Thanks again for sticking with me on this. 

As there are no devices registered now, it should give you a clean slate for your device to be added. 

Are you able to use TV Go successfully or are you having the same issue?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

TV go works fine. I have used TV Go on two different devices and all works except for Sky Sports