cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App Max devices

davieK
Tuning in

Hi when I view SkySports on a second mobile device I get an error

Your account is in use on more than two devices. You can only watch on two devices at the same time. Error code: OVP_00014"

I only have one other device streaming. Can you please help to resolve this

4 REPLIES 4

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that the error message is actually deceiving, with the Sky Sports App you can actually stream only on one device at a time this is a limitation that Sky have in place.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Sky-Sports-Error-Code-OVP-00014/td-p/4008756

A staff member on a post have quote this "Sky recently made changes to their Ts & Cs for streaming content. You can now have multiple devices registered however you're only able to stream on one device at a time. Being logging into multiple devices at the same time may also cause this issue."

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C

Thanks for your post, davieK,

Sorry that you are having issues streaming Sky Sports.  Can you confirm if you are attempting to use the service on more than one device at the same time? If so, then DJ_Shadow1966 is correct. It can only be one device streaming at a time.  You can read more here

Cheers,

Corey C

Nickrit
Joining in

Sky say the single device restriction only applies if you opened your account since 2019. For those who started before that, you still get 2 devices streaming. But this post makes it look as though that 2019 cut-off only applies to Sky's direct customers. If you get Sky through Virgin, it seems you only get 1 stream irrespective of when you started. Shouldn't Virgin make that clear on the marketing of your Sky Sports offer? And that it differs from every other set of channels you offer on youy TV Go service?

Hi @Nickrit

You can only stream Sky Sport content on one device at a time.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs