cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sport app fuzzy picture

sheamansenior
Dialled in

Hi, I run Windows 10 on my laptop, my problem is the Sky Sport App loads, opens but is persistently going fuzzy for a few minutes, clears then goes fuzzy again.  I am using Google Chrome as default browser, have tried Microsoft Edge but does make any difference.  Appreciate your help.  Many thanks Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @sheamansenior.

I have been looking into this further and I actually have the same issue at the moment with the app going fuzzy every couple of minutes, its really frustrating when trying to watch football. 

I have been looking on the Sky forums and Sky customers are having the same issues with the app going fuzzy. I will raise this with our team to be looked into further from our side to see if anything can be done and the issue logged with Sky Sports.

I will be in touch once I hear anything back from the team.

Regards

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Danny (@sheamansenior)

Welcome back to our Community - good to see you again; sorry that you're having some issues with watching Sky Sports currently though.

Do you have this picture quality issue when using the Sky Sports App on a mobile or tablet as well or only when using it via a browser? Are you trying to watch anything in particular or do you find it only happens when watching a live event? 

Have you seen this issue when watching via the TV at all? 

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie

Many thanks for your response.

I can confirm that when I use the Sky Sports app on my Android mobile it works fine, no fuzzy picture.  The problem is only when I am watching a live event, if its a replay or pre-recorded it is fine. The fuzzy screne is only when I use a browser on my Windows 10 laptop.

Regarding watching Sky Sport on TV, the Virgin Media account is my son's so he has the TV box. I do have registered devices to watch Virgin Media channels online where I can watch BT Sport which works fine, it also has Sky Sport on the Virgin Media website but when I click on the Sky Sport channels it referers me back to the stand alone Sky Sport app!

I hope this information is helpful to you Katie

Kind regards

Danny

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sheamansenior

Could you attach a screenshot of the picture when you can please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis

Apologies for delay in responding, I have taken screen shot but cannot upload it using insert photo, the photo exceeds the limit that is allowed to be inserted.  Is it possible to have an e-mail address that I can attach the photo to please?

Kind regards

Danny

Hi @sheamansenior

Thanks for coming back to us. I've not been able to locate the account details via the forum information provided. Could you please send me a PM with them so I can run further checks an hopefully sort this out 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @sheamansenior

Thanks for the details 🙂

Can i ask, is this only when you're using your Home broadband connection?

Also, is this every channel on the sports or just certain ones?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

I can confirm that the fuzzy picture is only on my Windows 10 Laptop home Broadband connection.  The app on my Android phone works fine.

In respect of the question is it fuzzy on every channel, I spent time going through every channel, whenever I go on to ANY channel, immediately the screen is fuzzy for about 30 seconds then the screen clears. There appears not to be any set pattern, one day this week I watched a live golf match for over one hour & it wasent fuzzy, I went into the same screen today & within 5 minutes it went fuzzy.  Regarding pre-recorded programmes I first felt they were ok but again today they were fuzzy.

I normally watch Football, Golf & F1 & without fail they are fuzzy, by that I mean they go fuzzy every 5-10 minutes, but I go back to the golf I watched earlier in the week where I watched for over an hour with perfect picture but today it is fuzzy!

I am sorry that I cannot clearly answer your question but it has been variable. When I Google this issue, it seems to have been a major issue for several years!

Many thanks for your support on this issue.

Best wishes

Danny

Thanks for coming back to us Danny

It may be worth seeing if there are any updates that need to be performed on the laptop or browser to combat this issue with the picture quality

If you experience this on any devices using the application, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the application to see if this resolves the issue

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

Thanks for your suggestions, my laptop was up to date, Firefox did have an update which I downloaded.  I also deleted & reisntalled the Sky Sport app, but still same fuzzy pictures

I watch BT sport via Virgin Media & no problems at all which suggests to me it is the actual App that is the problem?  As I stated earlier when you Google this issues there are masses of complaints but havent seen an option that works to correct it.

Kind regards

Danny