cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema is on TV Go!

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

From today you can watch all Sky Cinema channels and a library of its on demand movies through the Virgin TV Go app, and up to five devices can be registered on the app, which is perfect for multiroom viewing.

The Sky Cinema app is still available to view this content, but Sky is closing the app from Tuesday 11 August, so we'd recommend using Virgin TV Go from now on to ensure you don't miss out.

You can read more about this exciting news in our press release:

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-adds-sky-cinema-to-tv...

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Emily,

Thank you for this. I don't think you are correct.

Let's take three examples: 'Emma.', 'Little Women' and 'A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood'.

All of these are available to stream and download on the SkyGo app as part of a Sky Cinema subscription. 

If the Sky Cinema app was still available, we could watch them on a tablet or phone. None of them are currently available on the TV Go app.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We were refering to the Virgin Media availability on the Sky app.

Thanks, Emily.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I thought I was doing the same.

I'm not quite certain what you are trying to say here.

Let's try again. The press release that says '‘From today you can watch all Sky Cinema channels and its library of on demand movies through the Virgin TV Go app’. 

Do you still believe that to be true?

What is the status on this? I’m new to Movies, but can already see that the number of movies available on the Virgin app or box is limited compared to the Sky On Demand service.

Hello cals73

Sky have the option to show more movies than they supply us 

It's still a great selection though 

Gareth_L