cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema is on TV Go!

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

From today you can watch all Sky Cinema channels and a library of its on demand movies through the Virgin TV Go app, and up to five devices can be registered on the app, which is perfect for multiroom viewing.

The Sky Cinema app is still available to view this content, but Sky is closing the app from Tuesday 11 August, so we'd recommend using Virgin TV Go from now on to ensure you don't miss out.

You can read more about this exciting news in our press release:

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-adds-sky-cinema-to-tv...

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

The majority of Sky Cinema content is not available on TV Go. 

Given the lengthy notice that Sky had given that their cinema app was to be withdrawn, this is not great.

Giving vague timescales for resolving this issue is even worse. 

Amarhans
On our wavelength

This is great news!! Thanks Now can you please help to resolve the "MAXIMUM DEVICE" issue?

Please someone help me to reset the number of devices - as the same device seems to be registered 3 times - This cannot be right

Please help me

LeiaC
Tuning in

Tv go app does not work for Kindle Fire 10. (Widescreen) This is a well known device from Amazon with Alexa. When will it be available in the Android App Store I’ve been waiting months. 

Hi LeiaC,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, we do not support Amazon Fire Devices for our TV Go app, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This no longer appears to be the case.

New movies are no longer available on the Virgin TV Go app. Emma and Little Women, to give you two examples.

I logged into the “Box Sets” section of the TV Go app where these Sky Cinema movies are supposed to be stored.
There are only 53 movies there, under Premieres, 2020 Trending and Cops and Robbers.
Is that it? Only 53 Sky Cinema movies now available to VM users?

Hello sjholland

Sadly we are limited to what we are able to show through our Apps

Gareth_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gareth_L,

I appreciate you trying to help. The problem is that it’s impossible to get a coherent answer to this from Virgin.

This thread started with Virgin’s press release at https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-adds-sky-cinema-to-tv...

It says ‘From today you can watch all Sky Cinema channels and its library of on demand movies through the Virgin TV Go app’. This is false.

I spent a few days before Christmas contacting the Virgin Customer Services team trying to understand what’s happening.

The first customer services person, contacted via chat, was insistent that the Virgin TV Go app worked as it was supposed to.

A second customer services person, working in the technical team, acknowledged that there was a problem loading new cinema releases onto the app and that I should expect this content to appear 14 to 28 days after first appearing on the TV box. Again, this does not appear to be true.

Now you tell us you are limited to what we are able to show through your Apps. Is this a licensing issue? A technical problem? Are you going to resolve this? Can we get a refund on our Sky Cinema subscriptions?

In the meantime, to take one example, the Android TV Go app tells me that ‘Little Women’ can only be played on my TV box. Helpfully, it adds that it also can be purchased in the Virgin Media Store.

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hello sjholland

Sadly we are limited to what we are able to show through our Apps

Gareth_L

Gareth,

It is strange then that the press release, issued with great fanfare, failed to mention this.

53 movies is pretty poor frankly. 

I do think an explanation is merited.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The channels and movies available on the TVGo app are the same as the ones which would have been available previously on the Sky Cinema app which was also limited due to what we're allowed to show through the app on our services. 

Thanks, Emily.