cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema is on TV Go!

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

From today you can watch all Sky Cinema channels and a library of its on demand movies through the Virgin TV Go app, and up to five devices can be registered on the app, which is perfect for multiroom viewing.

The Sky Cinema app is still available to view this content, but Sky is closing the app from Tuesday 11 August, so we'd recommend using Virgin TV Go from now on to ensure you don't miss out.

You can read more about this exciting news in our press release:

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-adds-sky-cinema-to-tv...

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

24 REPLIES 24

Stumbler
Superfast

Are you sure?

Windows 10 App:-
2020-07-10_LI.jpg

Web App:-

2020-07-10 (1)_LI.jpg

John

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That ad for the separate Sky Cinema app will likely be removed soon.

The channels are working fine in the Windows 10 app here. This is a search for some of the Cinema channels or you can use the Live TV Guide to see them all or get the On Demand content from the Sky channels option

sky cinema.PNG

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

@BenMcr wrote:

That ad for the separate Sky Cinema app will likely be removed soon.

The channels are working fine in the Windows 10 app here. This is a search for some of the Cinema channels or you can use the Live TV Guide to see them all or get the On Demand content from the Sky option

sky cinema.PNG

Thanks @BenMcr , I consider myself educated now.

But why make that opening screen clickable. It needs to be fixed, as it raises questions about "an enhanced viewing experience."!

John

Sky Cinema on Demand is not properly up to date on the app.

On the Tivo Box there is the option to choose the type of movie you are looking for and there are a whole host of movies that are on the Tivo BOX but not on the app, even if you use the search function to look for a particular movie.

Kev_B

Hi @yellowpjs 

We'll gladly look into that for you, could you give me an example of a movie that's available on the box but not on the app please?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Brightburn 🙂

Kev_B

Hi @yellowpjs 

Thanks for the example. I've checked this with our apps team, and I can confirm that at the moment we've made a selection of the top content available, plus all the new daily premieres. We'll complete the full catalogue on the app later in the year.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kev

So I am paying for a service that doesn't actually have all films that it advertises on the service?

Is there a more precise timeline than later on in the year?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jmorri38 wrote:

So I am paying for a service that doesn't actually have all films that it advertises on the service?

Is there a more precise timeline than later on in the year?

If you look on the bright side at least you can now watch some of the Sky Cinema content as a VM subscriber on a mobile device or desktop computer.

This hasn't been possible for a couple of years via the, soon to be withdrawn, Sky Cinema app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks