cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema app not working iPad

Poss
Joining in

I keep trying to log into Sky Cinema app and it says i need to upgrade to the latest version of Sky Cinema. When i go to the app store i says "App Not Available - This app is currently not available in your country or region.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Poss wrote:

Hi Ben,

Ive been on to Virgin and the lady at the other end said it should be working and hasn't been removed???

Anybody got any ideas?

David

Another instance of call center staff not knowing what they are talking about.

See this announcement:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Cinema-is-on-TV-Go/td-p/4325332/jump-to/first-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Sky Cinema app has closed, but the channels are now in the TV Go app, so you need to use that if you have a compatible version of iOS.

You can delete the Sky Cinema app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. So subscribers can only view movies which are being streamed live rather than have access to the full catalogue? 

David

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Both Sky Cinema live channels and On Demand are available in TV Go.

Although currently there is a reduced On Demand section compared the Sky Cinema app.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Ben,

Pretty rubbish really. Think it's time for it to disappear from my package.

Thanks for your help though.

David

Hi Ben,

Ive been on to Virgin and the lady at the other end said it should be working and hasn't been removed???

Anybody got any ideas?

David

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Poss wrote:

Hi Ben,

Anybody got any ideas?

David

Another instance of call center staff not knowing what they are talking about.

See this announcement:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-Cinema-is-on-TV-Go/td-p/4325332/jump-to/first-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, 

Thank you, that's solved that!!

David

Yes there 'currently' seems to be a very limited range - are there plans to restore the full Sky Cinema catalog?

Hi nj6013, 

Thanks for your post regarding the content on the Sky Cinema app. 

Virgin Media are not the ones who control the content, Sky do. If there is something specific you have noticed that's missing, let us know and we can raise this with them. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs