Menu
AndyCrook1
Tuning in
Message 31 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema App not working

Totally agree with everyone's posts. As I stated in my original post I never had a problem watching sky Cinema on my Huawei M5 when I was with Sky but as soon as I came to Virgin all of a sudden it's a compatibility problem!! This isn't great as loads of us watch TV etc on our tablets/phones etc. Also agree that Virgin should be trying to get a fix whether through themselves or Sky.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I have not personally raised any IT tickets for this issue. However, I cannot speak for any other colleagues and would have no way of searching this. Regardless of whether any tickets have been logged, we would not be able to share this personal information on a public forum, unless generic details applied to all.

I appreciate that you may not have previously had difficulty, neither did any of our other customers. However, Sky have updated their apps and this is where the issue has arisen. The information I have been provided is the same as that found on Sky's own forums, so is the same response they are providing to their direct customers. You're welcome to post there as well if you'd like further assistance from Sky employees.

If there is anyone reading this thread who would like to have an IT ticket raised, you're more than welcome to message me. However, please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee that this would trigger Sky to resolve the issue, as previously advised.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Filben
Joining in
Message 33 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel, 

I have no idea how to message you direct, but please do raise an IT request with Sky. They will do nothing if they don't know how many people this is affecting.

Given that we are customers of Virgin and not sky, I would not expect them to respond unless the ticket comes from yourselves.

If you need personal details (account etc) please let me know how to send these direct.

I would suggest that we do this for each and everyone with the same issue,so sky are aware just how many are affected.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hello Filben

I am going to pop you a private message with regards to this, Please check your inbox 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 35 of 42
Flag for a moderator

And still the Sky Cinema app being uncompatable with Huawei devices persists, definitely feels like nobody at Virgin is interested, this problem has been going on for over a year. 

0 Kudos
nmcculloch
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Its never going to be fixed. Looking at the ratings/reviews against the Sky Cinema app in Play Store, Sky is just not interested.  Rated at 1.9 out of 5 says it all.

0 Kudos
playdodgy
Joining in
Message 37 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue with the cinema app. I have 1plus 7 pro. android 10. latest firmware and software updates installed.

The app tells me low bandwidth , error 17a. even though my 4g is 50 mb/s and my home broadband is 540mb/s .

The app was one of the important reasons why I contacted to virgin. 

Needs update to work with android 10 etc, and it isn't hard m only takes a few lines of code .

Come on virgin sort it out, or people will be leaving...

I pay a lot of money for my services and it isn't done.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 38 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi playdodgy,

Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry that you've also been having trouble using this app.

As you can see in my comment posted on 12/8/19, the problem that other customers on this thread have had is that the app is incompatible with Mirrorshare, a feature on certain devices. They are reeiving the message "Cannot connect to Sky Cinema This application does not support screen sharing when streaming".

On the other hand, you are seeing an error which would suggest that your internet connection is not strong enough to stream. Have you ensured that your app is up to date?

As the name suggests, the Sky Cinema App belongs to Sky. Any updates would, therefore, be created and rolled out by them.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
nmcculloch
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 42
Flag for a moderator

The only way you will get Sky Cinema on a huawei tablet is to buy a movie pass with Now TV (not surprisingly run and owned by SKY TV.)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi nmcculloch,

Thanks for sharing this info, that'll be really useful for anyone else coming across this thread with a Huawei tablet.

playdodgy isn't actually experiencing the same issue, as he's using a different device and is seeing a different error message.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos