Menu
nmcculloch
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema App not working

Huawei Mediapad M5  Tablet is running Android.

EMUI version 9.0.1

Build Number 9.0.1.190 (C432E3R1P3)

Would really appreciate a "fix" to this Sky Cinema app issue.

Nick

TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 22 of 42
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same Tablet as mmcculloch above with the exact same OS, my tablet was bought in March this year and previously the SKY Cinema App worked on it, but for some unknown reason it now doesn't, everything is up to date and there are no other issues with any other apps. 

0 Kudos
nmcculloch
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 42
Flag for a moderator

As the android sky cinema app has not been updated since June 6, 2018, I dont think it will ever be fixed. They obviously are not putting in much effort to update it 😞

Review of the app on play store:

Vickiandnigel Robinson

May 29, 2019

App won't play on our Huawei M5 media pads. It says won't play while screen sharing although the tablets are not screen sharing at all

TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 24 of 42
Flag for a moderator

mmcculloch, that's exactly what's happening when I try to watch a film on the app. 

TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 25 of 42
Flag for a moderator

So nothing has been done to fix this problem that's been going on for months, it looks like anyone with a Huawei Tablet cannot play films on the Sky Cinema App and nobody gives a toss about it, UNBELIEVABLE........... 

Highlighted
nmcculloch
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 42
Flag for a moderator

100% agree with that sentiment. Come on VM and Sky. Give us a fix !!!!
AndyCrook1
Tuning in
Message 27 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Exactly, it's a complete joke. I asked them for answers months ago but all you get back is we're looking into it, not good enough!! 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I do apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused by the incompatibility between certain Huawei devices and the Sky Cinema app. As previously advised, this issue is due to the inability to deactivate Mirrorshare on your devices, which clashes with the app itself. As this is Sky's app, unfortunately we would be unable to take any action to fix the problem. This would be down to Sky's technical and development teams to work towards.

We would be able to raise individual IT tickets for any affected Virgin customers, so that we could pass this information to Sky. However, it's unlikely that this would result in any change to what we can do or advise, due to the workload involved in amending this app and its functionality. This would simply be an official way of raising your concerns with Sky, via our IT team.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Filben
Joining in
Message 29 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi. This thread is marked as solved, but this is far from true. I too have a huawei m5 and have not been able to watch movies. It is very poor given the price you charge for this substandard service. I will be going back to sky direct if this does not get resolved soon. The sky sports app does not have this problem, so it has been resolved there (it used to complain with the same message). Come on virgin. Dont just pass the buck, get sky to fix it or you will lose customers.

nmcculloch
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Have individual tickets been raised with sky? To be honest Rachael, you should have said "we WILL be raising individual tickets for any affected VIrgin Customers". If they were raised what was the reply from Sky?

Nick
0 Kudos