Menu
dave98
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema App Latest Films Won't Play

Currently when i go onto the latest films such as Darkest Hour, there is no option to watch or download. Only trailer and add to short list. 

If i go to an older film, say Fantastic Beasts both the watch and download button are there. Has anyone experienced this. Or have any suggestions on how to resolve?

I'm using the Sky Cinema app V.6.2(233438) on iOS 12.1. There are no updates available for either.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema App Latest Films Won't Play

Odd, that is usually what shows when a film is in the 'Coming Soon' category.  

I have the android version of the app and Darkest Hour is currently offering the Watch and Download options.

dave98
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the daily picks section rather than coming soon. the only thing i have't tried yet is removing and reinstalling the app, as i've got some downloaded bits to watch first. I'll try reinstalling tonight and see if that makes any difference.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@dave98 wrote:

I'm in the daily picks section rather than coming soon. the only thing i have't tried yet is removing and reinstalling the app, as i've got some downloaded bits to watch first. I'll try reinstalling tonight and see if that makes any difference.

Before trying a full reinstall try logging out of the app and then back in again.  It may refresh things for you.

dave98
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had already tried force closing the app with no success. I’ve removed the app, rebooted the iPad and reinstalled, the issue is still there.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dave98,

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to post a screenshot of this just so we can take a look at what's happening?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dave98
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for not rreplying sooner. I has been a bit hit and miss lately. Please find attached three screen shots from some of the most recent films.1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dave98,

Thanks for getting back to us.  I have tested these out and I have the option to watch and download.  Has the situation changed your end since you last posted?

Keep me posted and we can check further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos