cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 TV Go App Judders, Stutters and Freezes

FootyFanatic
Dialled in

Hey guys,

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 2020 and the TV Go App is a nightmare. It's Juddery, It Stutters and it Freezes. I've tried the usual uninstalling and reinstalling, changing Battery Modes, Different Wifi and it's still the same.

This tablet is very new and can handle all my other Streaming Apps (Netflix, Sky Sports, Plex, Prime, YouTube) Perfectly fine. Including running large 4K H.265 HEVC files over Plex.

This issue has already been reported multiple times. Add into my 3 family members who all have this same issue too.

It's seems like it's Isolated to the Galaxy Tab A7 2020 running Android 10. This tablet is only a few months old and is more than capable of using this app. Would really appreciate if it could be looked into.

Similar posts here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Samsung-A7-tablet/m-p/4527348

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Virgin-TV-go-app/m-p/4525748

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Tv-go-app-judders/m-p/4534897

20 REPLIES 20

Thanks for the app suggestion I was looking for one for this device. I did have it installed on my S2 but obviously forgot when I was looking for this one 😉

Couple of points I find interesting, when I first set up this A7 back in December, it didn't feel as "slick" as my old S2, despite having a faster CPU and a later version of Android so I had already gone in and tried to optimise everything I could find. 

I purchased the A7 on the basis that most of the reviews I read said it was faster than the S2, which by now has a worn out battery and I couldn't justify a Tab  S6 (though I might change my mind on that now the Tab S7 is out)

I suspect ( maybe you agree) that the device is optimised a little too heavily for battery life out of the box and maybe that is where the problem really lies.

By the way, AppInspector says "Device care" has had 1m usage in last 7 days, unless it only counts when the UI is interacted with?

For me, the TVGO app was never as bad as your first video, but it does seem to me that the problem is the tablet setup rather than the app, I'm not a developer so I do not know if there is anything they can do to the app to change the way the device treats it. I cynically suspect that the "fix" is going to be "this app is not compatible with your device" but we'll see 🙂 🙂

Could well be the case. Next live event possibly a Football match you should record a video on your phone and upload it. Least we can compare then.

My initial video was the worst it ever was. It’s not normally that bad it’s just not as Smooth. That day it was really bad but normally it’s watchable.

Apart from Live events it’s fine. However now I have removed the Device Care app it doesn’t appear to be hampered now.

To touch on your opinion that the A7 is running slow now I’ve removed Device Care it’s really snappy.  Worth a shot. You can always reinstall. 

Just to add to this. I found I couldn't uninstall this app through my tablet as its a locked app. I had to open developer options, allow usb debugging, download an adb program onto my PC, connect through usb, open the adb, start services, and uninstall it through there (found what commands to use on youtube). They really don't want you to uninstall device care!!! But......it has made a huge difference! Thanks SkyBlues90

Yeah that's exactly how to do it. I think removing this app allows the Power to run at full potential whether it's on charge or battery. Seems to make a difference. Glad I was able to help.

Hi SkyBlues90 - Been following this for a while as I am having the same issue on my samsung A7.  I was hoping virgin would release a fix for this but it seems like this is just not going to happen so I will try your recommended fix by removing the device care app through adb.  I've never done this before and I was a but reluctant but if it fixes the issue then I have to give it a try.  Are there any cons you've noticed since uninstalling device care?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @webberq4

Thanks for posting on our community forum! 

Let us know how you get on after following the steps suggested above and we'll investigate this further if needs be.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @FootyFanatic@BatletUK@TheoPV , @webberq4,

Sorry you've had problems when using our TV Go App on your Samsung Tablets regarding the stuttering and choppy video issue. I appreciate it has been a while since we posted an update on this but we have been liaising with Samsung in the background who have advised that they have resolved it with a fix. Please update your tablets to the latest firmware and ensure you're using the latest TV GO app and let us know if you're still having problems with the App.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thank you for update regarding this.

I did install the update for virgin tv go yesterday.

I only briefly tested it for a few minutes.  It does seem as though this has fixed the issue and performance seemed to be much much improved.  Will need to do a bit more testing with this later however early signs are good!  Very happy that I might finally be able to use the tablet now for it's original intended purpose!

Glad to hear this @webberq4

Please continue to monitor this and let us know if you need any further help.

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Performance is definitely better than it was however it is still pretty choppy unfortunately.