cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove/deregister devices on TV GO app

Sharpeyes
Tuning in

Hi. 

I have just registered my new phone on the app and it now shows that I have all 5 devices registered. One of these is an old work ipad which has been returned to work and the other is a previous ipad which we no longer have.

When I try to 'replace' as there isn't a remove option it says 'can't sign in to this device at present, try again later' I can't sign in on either of these ipads as I don't have them anymore. How can these devices be deleted so that I can free up room for my daughter to register her device please? 

57 REPLIES 57

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Clearly you would not want to replace the current device.  Replace one of the others.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How can I tell in this situation?  This is from the closed windows 10 app, but it does not allow me to discriminate between the working google chrome and the non-working google chrome.

delete.png

@Graham_A wrote:

Clearly you would not want to replace the current device.  Replace one of the others.

Under what circumstances would anyone replace another device with the ”current device" if it is showing?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No idea, that would seem an odd choice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

@Graham_A wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:
If you have all slots filled and have an available change, when you sign into the app on your new device and try to watch anything you should get a prompt to replace an existing device with the new one.

That's the reason there isn't an explicit delete option.

All well and good, but when all 5 devices are named Google Chrome, it is practically useless as you have no idea what you are replacing.

The big clue is that one says 'current device' next to it in the device management page.

Odd you suggested it.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:
If you have all slots filled and have an available change, when you sign into the app on your new device and try to watch anything you should get a prompt to replace an existing device with the new one.

All well and good, but when all 5 devices are named Google Chrome, it is practically useless as you have no idea what you are replacing.

The big clue is that one says 'current device' next to it in the device management page.

Odd you suggested it.

I didn't - you must have misunderstood my post.  Don't chose to replace the device shown as current chose one of the others.

@Graham_A wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:

Odd you suggested it.

I didn't - you must have misunderstood my post.  Don't chose to replace the device shown as current chose one of the others.

No misunderstanding from me. When you are replacing an existing device the one you are using is not a "current device". It is unassigned.  So if faced with 5 devices all named Google Chrome, you have no idea which one you are replacing.

Hi andyward83

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

What error message are you getting when attempting to remove the devices?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

The message I get when I click replace on an old device says “Sorry we can’t register your device at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes”. 

There’s two iPads listed in my devices which I want to remove/delete from the list in device management but I can’t see to be able to do this. Can you help?

Thanks for coming back to me

I'll PM you now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill