cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove/deregister devices on TV GO app

Sharpeyes
Tuning in

Hi. 

I have just registered my new phone on the app and it now shows that I have all 5 devices registered. One of these is an old work ipad which has been returned to work and the other is a previous ipad which we no longer have.

When I try to 'replace' as there isn't a remove option it says 'can't sign in to this device at present, try again later' I can't sign in on either of these ipads as I don't have them anymore. How can these devices be deleted so that I can free up room for my daughter to register her device please? 

57 REPLIES 57

Thanks John. I thought i replied straight away earlier but my message didn’t appear!

Andy

Hi. Andy.

Thanks for joining me on PM. TV Go Devices have been reset

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have the same issue, although I have not managed to view a program for weeks it says I have all 5 devices in use. Several of them appear to be the same PC which appeared when I last tried to log on! I think my phone has been updated since I last used TV-Go so that doesn't work either, presumably because it now appears as a different device?

You can no doubt see that I haven't used TV-Go for ages, could you clear my devices so I can try again?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Davepick

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'll be happy to do so via PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you for clearing my devices.

Thanks to John for sorting that out!

Dave

You're welcome mate 🙂 enjoy rest of your weekend

John_GS
Forum Team

I’m having the same problem, got 5 devices registered but need to remove 3 of them. When I go into device management settings I only have option to replace and not remove.if I try to replace I get message saying we can’t replace device please try again in a few minutes. I just want to remove devises that don’t belong to me any more, can someone from vm team please help.

im still looking for assistance with the above problem, is anyone from virgin team able to help. i want to delete 3 devices from my virgin tv go account but theres no way to do this, thanks.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That's by design - there is no way to explicitly delete devices from TV Go.

Old devices won't work unless they have the TV Go app on them and the app has been signed into using the primary My Virgin Media account.

If / when you get a new device, you'll be able to choose which of the old unused devices you want to remove at the same time as registering the new device. That will happen for any of the other old unused devices as you get new devices.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own