cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove/deregister devices on TV GO app

Sharpeyes
Tuning in

Hi. 

I have just registered my new phone on the app and it now shows that I have all 5 devices registered. One of these is an old work ipad which has been returned to work and the other is a previous ipad which we no longer have.

When I try to 'replace' as there isn't a remove option it says 'can't sign in to this device at present, try again later' I can't sign in on either of these ipads as I don't have them anymore. How can these devices be deleted so that I can free up room for my daughter to register her device please? 

57 REPLIES 57

Lisa_CC

A warm welcome to our Community Forum Sharpeyes 🙂

I've taken a look at your details and can see you've spoken to an agent about this but I'm unsure whether they have reset your devices when you called. I've reset them for you now, please check and let us know if there are any problems with it.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thank you Lisa that's great. 

It was just a concern that there appeared no way to delete or remove devices that I no longer have and this was stopping me adding devices ces for my children. Thanks again though, I can now start from scratch once more 😊

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you have all slots filled and have an available change, when you sign into the app on your new device and try to watch anything you should get a prompt to replace an existing device with the new one.

That's the reason there isn't an explicit delete option.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Ahh OK. Thanks for the clarification 👍🏻

Let us know if you have anymore problems 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa, 

I’m trying to remove two old devices from my TV GO App but I keep getting an error message.

I’ve tried ringing for technical support but can’t get to speak to someone.

Please can you help me?

Andy 

@BenMcr wrote:
If you have all slots filled and have an available change, when you sign into the app on your new device and try to watch anything you should get a prompt to replace an existing device with the new one.

All well and good, but when all 5 devices are named Google Chrome, it is practically useless as you have no idea what you are replacing.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:

All well and good, but when all 5 devices are named Google Chrome, it is practically useless as you have no idea what you are replacing.

The big clue is that one says 'current device' next to it in the device management page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:

The big clue is that one says 'current device' next to it in the device management page.

Why would I want to replace the "current device"? Situation is I have five devices showing Google Chrome. I want to use my iPad. Which one am I replacing?  Definitely not showing "current device" on iPad.