cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered devices not recognised

bill55bill
Joining in

Reached limit for month, can't watch on pc, even though it's the same pc I've always used.

And why is this still an issue? It's been a well known problem for years.

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

Is your PC Windows 10 or 11 with Random Hardware Address enabled ?

This changes the MAC of the computer making the computer look like many different computers when it is just the one.

Thanks for the reply.

Windows 10, no idea whether Random Hardware Address is enabled.

I regularly clean my cookies though, could that be the issue?

I take it I'm now in the hands of Virgin to reset?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The @bill55bill 

The info below is from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

Supported computers and browsers

Virgin TV Go is supported on the following systems and browsers:

• Windows 8.1 (15063.0 or higher) and macOSX 10.1
  • Google Chrome 69+
  • Mozilla Firefox 67+
  • Microsoft EDGE (Windows only)*
  • Safari 9+(macOS only)**

We no longer have a Windows 10 app, but Windows 10 devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website. To use Virgin TV Go in a browser please ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website.

Note: If you register a computer using a browser, you’ll need to use the same browser with Virgin TV Go. Using a different browser, clearing cookies or using incognito mode will be seen as a different device.

*To use Virgin TV Go with Internet Explorer on Windows 7 you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight.
**To use Virgin TV Go with Safari 11 or earlier you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight. Virgin TV Go is not currently compatible with Safari 12. To use Virgin TV Go on macOS with Safari 12 installed, you'll need to use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @bill55bill,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with registered devices on your Virgin TV Go service/account. We'd recommend that you don't clear your cache and cookies, as each time you do that it recognises it as a new device.

Are you having problems with any other registered devices?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

No, just my PC.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind once it resets.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

If you have reached your limit, I can help you reset the registered devices for you 😊

Will pop you a PM!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs