cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red bar showing when watching Sky Sports F1

sgreybe
On our wavelength

When I watch Sky Sports F1 live on the TV Go app I always have a red bar at the top with Sky Sports F1 and a left facing arrow written on it. How do I get rid of this and get the video/programme full screen? I'm not referring to the red bar on the right that show you other views like driver view etc, I got rid of the by toggling the small rectangular box at the top on the right.

35 REPLIES 35

You can't get Sky Sports on the Virgin TV Go app @ that's your first issue. Watch any live Football Match on the SKY SPORTS APP that has live in play features and you will replicate the issue.  Contrary to that, this thread is now 8 months old. And only now are you trying to replicate it?

Hi strawfoot, 

I'm afraid we're not able to share images of test devices as we don't have access to them. The relevant teams will test but as mentioned by Serena, they've not been able to replicate this issue. 

Even though the question was asked previously, if there has been updates we like to ensure you have run those which is why Serena also asked this question. 

Can you confirm if this is happening on all content or only the F1/Football?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

strawfoot
On our wavelength

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi strawfoot, 

I'm afraid we're not able to share images of test devices as we don't have access to them. The relevant teams will test but as mentioned by Serena, they've not been able to replicate this issue. 

Even though the question was asked previously, if there has been updates we like to ensure you have run those which is why Serena also asked this question. 

Can you confirm if this is happening on all content or only the F1/Football?

Thanks,

Hi Kath

I have no idea whether it is happing on channels other than F1 or Football (although I suspect any programme which contains timeline and stats will have the same issue).  As you do not have access to the relevant team's screen shots please ask them to confirm that the test was carried out as per my script, because a casual check would probably not show the issue.  

That's if they even checked it. I wouldn't waste your time. The issue is with Sky the design the app. Not Virgin. This won't get resolved on this forum.

@FootyFanatic wrote:

That's if they even checked it. I wouldn't waste your time. The issue is with Sky the design the app. Not Virgin. This won't get resolved on this forum.

It may not get resolved on this forum but I live in hope.  I too think it is a Sky problem, I initially raised it with them (mentioned earlier in this thread), but they said I should contact Virgin Media. Here is their response:

• As your query is in relation to a service supplied by Virgin Media, please contact them directly to resolve your enquiry.
    Virgin Media have their own dedicated support teams for their customers using Sky Apps and have asked that any enquires be directed to them for help & support

So what's a man to do?🤔

I fully understand pal! So very annoying! It’s the app designers fault!