cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings on TVGO

MarkH28
On our wavelength

Hi

I have set my VM Box to record Copa Del Rey Real Madrid vs Barcelona on BTSport1 2night via the VM TV Control App on my smart phone. Will I be able to watch that recording on my phone tomorrow via the TV Go App?

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you set the recording via the Virgin TV Control app, you have a V6 and will be able to watch it at home via the Virgin TV Control app. You can’t watch recordings away from your home WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are at home, then you may be able stream the recording on your phone via the TV Control (for TiVo/V6) or TV Go (for TV360) - often BT Sport is one of the channels to not allow this, but you can try.

If you are out of home. you can stream the live broadcast channel on your phone via TV Go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you set the recording via the Virgin TV Control app, you have a V6 and will be able to watch it at home via the Virgin TV Control app. You can’t watch recordings away from your home WiFi.

MarkH28
On our wavelength

Hi,

Yes it read not allowed to download or watch away from home wifi. I have unlim mobile data so was disappointed at this.

MarkH28
On our wavelength

Yes, but it does not allow me to download or watch the recording on my phone via mobile data which is a disappointment

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s a TV rights holder/broadcaster restriction, so there is nothing that you or VM can do about it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

MarkH28
On our wavelength

Can u watch it on your phone out and about if you download it off home wifi after recording?

Hi @MarkH28 

As long as the recording can be downloaded then this is correct 🙂

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill