cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording is not possible error

dianoga
Tuning in

Ever since i upgraded to Virgin 360 i have been unable to remote record from the Virgin Go app. At first i would get the ' oops something went wrong ' message, but 2 days ago the app was updated. Since then, i do not even get the option to try to record, instead there is a message saying ' recording is not possible due to channel rights restrictions ' 

Any ideas? Thank you

25 REPLIES 25

Midge1064
On our wavelength

Both boxes are connected  as I can see both on my tv go app. 

My tv go app is v4.34.4(4.34.23.104) and I’m on iPhone 13. App has been deleted and reinstalled several times. 

0A6EDAFE-A7B5-4B63-A47C-CE78B2913D1F.png

Thank you for the update @Midge1064.

Have you been able to try connecting the 2nd box to a TV and to a hub to see if the issue resolves? Also you completely unable to see the recorded button or are you just unable to record?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Midge1064
On our wavelength

I haven't hooked up the second box to the tv (only have one tv atm) but they both show on my phone.  The record option is not there on anything.9FCCA0D6-5967-4765-AEFC-352CC3B3EBEC_1_201_a.jpeg

Mine showed up on the app too but I had exactly the same problems. You definitely need to try swapping the boxes over, connect the one that hasn’t been used to the hub, delete and see what happens- this sorted the issue, after which I then just swapped the boxes over again and it has worked fine ever since 

Midge1064
On our wavelength

It's working 😁. I did what you said - plugged in the second box to the tv and let it update.  That then also gave me the 'recordings' option that was missing from settings, to make sure the lounge was the default box.  We've now put the original box back on and the record button is now on the TV go app.  Thank you for your help.