cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording is not possible error

dianoga
Tuning in

Ever since i upgraded to Virgin 360 i have been unable to remote record from the Virgin Go app. At first i would get the ' oops something went wrong ' message, but 2 days ago the app was updated. Since then, i do not even get the option to try to record, instead there is a message saying ' recording is not possible due to channel rights restrictions ' 

Any ideas? Thank you

25 REPLIES 25

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dianoga

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the app issue - is this on every channel or certain ones?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

It’s on every channel and every programme- remote recording worked perfectly fine before my boxes had the software update to 360- as mentioned, when I first upgraded to 360, I had the button on the app to record, but it failed every time, but since the app updated a few days ago I no longer have the record option.

Thank you

Phil

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is potentially as much an issue with TV360 as it is the app.

First thing - what's your 360 setup, do you have one master box and any minis? Or multiple masters? I only ask because it's the master box that has the hard drive and you've mentioned "boxes" as opposed to "box" > I may be reading too much into this, but I'd rather check. And if you have any minis - can you set recordings from there? It should be a similar process involved.

Are your master boxes set to either Fast Start or Active Start?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

I have got two boxes but only one is being used- it has had a software update to Virgin 360.

It was only since i updated the app that i do not even get the record option.

Prior to that i had the option but it failed to record every time, i had tried it on Fast Start and Active Start.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dianoga

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues, does the box fail to record every program?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Please see screenshot below from my Virgin Go app- as you can see, i do not even have the option of recording anything- the message regarding channel rights restrictions is on every channel.

Prior to upgrading my V6 boxes to 360 boxes ( via software update , NOT new boxes ) i could record everything via the Virgin Go app.

As soon as i upgraded to 360, i had the ' record ' button on the app, but got an error message everytime i tapped on it, so have never been able to remote record. The box did not even attempt to record because nothing ever got scheduled.

About a week ago there was an update on the Apple App store for Virgin Go, and since i updated the app, i get the message in the pic below and no record option.

Best wishes

Phil

vgo.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dianoga wrote:

Prior to upgrading my V6 boxes to 360 boxes ( via software update , NOT new boxes ) i could record everything via the Virgin Go app.

As soon as i upgraded to 360, i had the ' record ' button on the app, but got an error message everytime i tapped on it, so have never been able to remote record. The box did not even attempt to record because nothing ever got scheduled.

This may seem nit-picky, but may also be part of the issue here...

You've said that prior to migrating to 360, you could record via TV Go - yet V6 uses TV Control to manage recordings, not TV Go. I suspect that you're saying that managing your 360 using TV-Go has never worked.. initially there was an error message on recording, now the option has been removed - is that right?

Can you perform other box-management functions, for example adding programmes to your watchlist or viewing your recordings, for example?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

To be honest it may well of been the TV Control App i was using- if it was then this worked fine.

It rings a bell that when i upgraded to 360 i was told to no longer use one of the apps and that everything was on the TV Go app-?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dianoga wrote:

It rings a bell that when i upgraded to 360 i was told to no longer use one of the apps and that everything was on the TV Go app-?

No problem - just might help narrowing this down, that's all.

In TiVo/V6-land, TV-Go provides live streaming & TV-Control provides box management & in-home streaming.

In 360-land, TV-Go does everything & TV-Control is obsolete. Can you perform other box-management functions, such as checking recordings and suchlike?