cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin TV Go - Sorry, this video cannot be played at this time

mikecook1954
Tuning in

Was this problem ever resolved, if so, what was the solution? I am having the same problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mikecook1954,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you were having some issues with TV GO. I am glad to hear that it is now working using another browser 🙂

If you need help with anything else, do let me know.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you explain the problems you're having with your TV Go service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks,

Trying to watch Live TV on PC (Windows 11 Home), when pressing play always get the message "Sorry, this video cannot be played at this time" 

Works fine when selecting a channel on iPlayer

Also video is fine on uTube

Also it works fine when playing on Smart Phone

I've seen others have posted same problem on this Community, but I can't see any replies about how the problem was fixed

Cheers

For info, I now have it working by installing Google Chrome and using this instead of Edge as previously... 

Hi @mikecook1954,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you were having some issues with TV GO. I am glad to hear that it is now working using another browser 🙂

If you need help with anything else, do let me know.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have the same problem but Google chrome does not work for me either are you on a laptop?

Yes, I'm on a laptop, Windows version 11

`I'm not a computer expert, but I think the problem is something to do with Cookies or such like, I think Chrome worked for me because it was a newly installed version. You could try clearing down cookies and browsing history, then rebooting and trying again.

I'd be worried about giving you advice in case I made it worse for you, and you blamed me!! But if it was my computer, and the above didn't help, I would de-install/remove Google Chrome from my computer and then re-install it.

Good luck!!

Hello,

This issue has clearly not been fixed in at least 2 years from what I can see. I am still having this issue on multiple browsers and after clearing all browsing data, cookies and caches.

"Sorry - this video cannot be played at this time" is what I see when I try to watch any channel on TV Go and it has been like this for 3 weeks now for me personally but from what I saw, it has been an issue for other people for 2 years with no real resolve.

Please get back to me asap - this is unacceptable for the price paid

Hi Dishette, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues using our TV Go.  When you've deleted your browsing history etc, have you selected the option to allow relevant cookies?  Also are you using a compatible/supported browser, as per here?

Regards

Lee_R