cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Using Virgin TV Go on family devices

mattanorak
On our wavelength

Hi - digging up an old thread, but curious to know if this has changed, or whether I need to give my VM password to family members if they want to log in to watch online / via the app?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,

I am really sorry for any confusion caused by this - just to clarify, you cannot sign into TV Go using a sub account. You will get the error message stating that you cannot sign in using a sub account and you must sign in using the primary account details. This message is not there in error and is right.

Again apologies for the confusion, please do let me know if you need any further help or have any other questions

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

lewisp91
Up to speed

Still the same afaik

OK, shame really.  Thanks for the update though.

User TeamViewer to log them in periodically

Hi @mattanorak, and @lewisp91

Sorry to report there have been no changes regarding TV Go passwords. You can however set up a secondary email account with a unique password which can also login to TV Go. - This may be an option that works for you?

You can have up to 5 compatible devices signed up to the TV 

Go service and use the app at one time, with the ability to make adjustments to their registered devices 3 times in one month.

Instructions on how a customer can register a device or replace a registered device can be found here.

Customers will have to then keep the cookies on their laptop/PC or MacBook or it will register as a new device every time and use up all of their available changes. More info on this can be found here.

Let me know if there is anything else I can offer help with!

All the best. 

Molly

I used to do this but sub accounts were stopped ages ago surely? 

Hi Molly,

I did try this initially - I created a sub account (it got created it’s own email address with its own password), but when it tried to log in it said that only main accounts can log in.

Have I missed something?

Thanks.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mattanorak, 

Thank you for your reply, I am so sorry to hear you are still having issues.

What devices are you using?

Have you tried on a desktop if so what browsers have you tried?

Zoie

mattanorak
On our wavelength

Hi Zoe,

It doesn't matter which device I use (mobile or desktop), when trying to log in with a sub user name (a user that I have created from my own account), the message comes back that sub users are not permitted to log in.

It sounds like you'rea saying that this should not be the case.  Can you describe how this can be done, please, in case I'm missing something?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am really sorry for any confusion caused by this - just to clarify, you cannot sign into TV Go using a sub account. You will get the error message stating that you cannot sign in using a sub account and you must sign in using the primary account details. This message is not there in error and is right.

Again apologies for the confusion, please do let me know if you need any further help or have any other questions

Beth