cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Go App not working on iPad

Dcompton
Dialled in

Tvgo doesn’t work on iOS 15.1 either. I get the same messages as everyone else is reporting. Yesterday (13/11/21), I had a call from the tech team after complaining to the chief executive! We went through the exact same processes as before, reinstalling, changing password etc etc etc. He then asked if I had a lap top to try and sign in on there. I do have a lap top but declined to try this as when I’m ‘on the go’, I put my iPad in my handbag, not a laptop, which clearly defeats the issue of having a smaller device when ‘on the go’!

Anyway, I was unable to log in on iPad mini, my current iPad or my iPhone 12, all of which are up to date software- wise. The tech then asked for my password and managed to log in his end using my old email address!

I was still using my blueyonder email address on returning to Virgin 9 months ago. I’ve been using a Blueyonder email since I originally joined Virgin many years ago. I left to go to Sky for 12 months, then returned to Virgin earlier this year, still being able to use my old blueyonder email until about a month ago when it disappeared together with tv go. Originally I was told that it was disabled as I had left Virgin (even though I had been using it for well over 2 years, from leaving to rejoining Virgin. Apparently I had ‘slipped through the net’ for the 90 day removal period lol. it was then said that it had been quarantined as a security measure. It was subsequently reinstated but by then I decided to use my iCloud email instead, just in case it was removed again (on the advice of Lee a VIP on the forum). Still no TvGo! Both my old Blueyonder and iCloud addresses are accepted on other Virgin apps, so, to me, it’s the App, not ME as suggested. Also, all the complaints about Tvgo are now rectified and I’m seeing old posts (such as this one). NO IM NOT! There’s STILL numerous complaints identical to mine!

The executive team have said there’s some mix up between my original Virgin media account and my new one which is why TvGo isn’t working. I don’t believe this for a nanosecond! If true, then DISABLE my donkeys years old account then! I can only assume then, if this is correct,  that the tech guy used my original virgin media account to sign in. When I tried my Blueyonder (still active)email, I don’t even get the the chance to sign into TvGo. I immediately get  the following message : Sorry - this isn’t available. I’ve been trying to log in on the browser rather than the app as advised. If I try and log in on the app using my old blueyonder email , the username and password aren’t recognised but if I enter my account number, it says I already have an account but STILL no TvGo using the details suggested. Nightmare tbh.

I’ll send the following if it helps, but I doubt it will. So, whichever way I try, either using the virgin media browser or the app, or either email address, nothing works. The tech guy has raised a ticket AGAIN. The last ticket still hasn’t been acted on so I doubt this will be either.

Build: 4.34.3 (4.34.20.091)
Device: iPhone 12 Mini
Conviva: 4.0.17
Connection type: WiFi
Customer HH: Anonymous
MQTT broker: DISCONNECTED
MQTT CPE status: Unknown
Last MQTT status check: No attempt
Device IP address: 192.168.0.159

Good luck! No one has managed to rectify this so far!!

best wishes

Dianna

52 REPLIES 52

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused Dcompton.

We really would hate to see you leave but completely understand. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thank you for help. You all did your best x

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all 🙂

If you require any further assistance from here, please let us know by popping another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide