cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Go App not working on iPad

Dcompton
Dialled in

Tvgo doesn’t work on iOS 15.1 either. I get the same messages as everyone else is reporting. Yesterday (13/11/21), I had a call from the tech team after complaining to the chief executive! We went through the exact same processes as before, reinstalling, changing password etc etc etc. He then asked if I had a lap top to try and sign in on there. I do have a lap top but declined to try this as when I’m ‘on the go’, I put my iPad in my handbag, not a laptop, which clearly defeats the issue of having a smaller device when ‘on the go’!

Anyway, I was unable to log in on iPad mini, my current iPad or my iPhone 12, all of which are up to date software- wise. The tech then asked for my password and managed to log in his end using my old email address!

I was still using my blueyonder email address on returning to Virgin 9 months ago. I’ve been using a Blueyonder email since I originally joined Virgin many years ago. I left to go to Sky for 12 months, then returned to Virgin earlier this year, still being able to use my old blueyonder email until about a month ago when it disappeared together with tv go. Originally I was told that it was disabled as I had left Virgin (even though I had been using it for well over 2 years, from leaving to rejoining Virgin. Apparently I had ‘slipped through the net’ for the 90 day removal period lol. it was then said that it had been quarantined as a security measure. It was subsequently reinstated but by then I decided to use my iCloud email instead, just in case it was removed again (on the advice of Lee a VIP on the forum). Still no TvGo! Both my old Blueyonder and iCloud addresses are accepted on other Virgin apps, so, to me, it’s the App, not ME as suggested. Also, all the complaints about Tvgo are now rectified and I’m seeing old posts (such as this one). NO IM NOT! There’s STILL numerous complaints identical to mine!

The executive team have said there’s some mix up between my original Virgin media account and my new one which is why TvGo isn’t working. I don’t believe this for a nanosecond! If true, then DISABLE my donkeys years old account then! I can only assume then, if this is correct,  that the tech guy used my original virgin media account to sign in. When I tried my Blueyonder (still active)email, I don’t even get the the chance to sign into TvGo. I immediately get  the following message : Sorry - this isn’t available. I’ve been trying to log in on the browser rather than the app as advised. If I try and log in on the app using my old blueyonder email , the username and password aren’t recognised but if I enter my account number, it says I already have an account but STILL no TvGo using the details suggested. Nightmare tbh.

I’ll send the following if it helps, but I doubt it will. So, whichever way I try, either using the virgin media browser or the app, or either email address, nothing works. The tech guy has raised a ticket AGAIN. The last ticket still hasn’t been acted on so I doubt this will be either.

Build: 4.34.3 (4.34.20.091)
Device: iPhone 12 Mini
Conviva: 4.0.17
Connection type: WiFi
Customer HH: Anonymous
MQTT broker: DISCONNECTED
MQTT CPE status: Unknown
Last MQTT status check: No attempt
Device IP address: 192.168.0.159

Good luck! No one has managed to rectify this so far!!

best wishes

Dianna

52 REPLIES 52

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We are really sorry to hear that you are still having issues with TVGO. When did you last speak with the technical support team? Is there an IT ticket raised for the issue? 

Regarding the TV remote not working, you can order a replacement here.

What is the TV error you are getting? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Good morning Zak, I last spoke with the IT team around 9/10 days ago. They did call twice last week but the call was silent on answering. They haven’t called since.i haven’t been given a ticket code.

the tv remote is now working. It was absolutely fine, then out of the blue it stopped working. The online help advisor sent a signal to my box but it made no difference. I decided that I had nothing to lose by doing a factory reset of the box and the remote myself. I also reset my tv and reinstalled my Wi-Fi. It now works!!.

Tvgo on the website is : 

Dcompton_0-1639473804389.png

The msg on the App is :

Dcompton_1-1639473857342.png

I’m unable to sign into tv control either. The error msg is : 

Dcompton_5-1639474482203.jpeg

Dcompton_3-1639474062271.jpeg

On the app is this diagnostic msg above.

I can’t register my Wi-Fi booster as the code won’t scan. It doesn’t even look like the one featured on the connect app.

Thanks for your post and update, Dcompton,

Can you confirm if you are still able to log into your online virgin media  account since the update? Try here.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hello, yes I can log into my virgin media account.

regards

Dianna

….still unable to sign into Tvgo. It’s now NOT ALLOWED. That’s a new msg! Not had that before until yesterday. This is on the app using my iPhone 12mini version 15.1.1

What has emerged is that when the engineer came today to check a tv and phone fault over the weekend, his account details for me are my old original VM blueyonder email etc. could this be why I’m unable to sign into ANY VM app? This includes VM tv store, Tvgo, tv control and “no compatible Virgin TV boxes were found on this account” comes up as an error on the control app. On the VM store, I’m getting error code 57.

On going issues being unable to sign into Tvgo, tv store,tv control apps. Why is it that “no compatible tv boxes are found on this account “ being shown in the error box when I try and sign in? There obviously are boxes, one 360box and one mini box as I’m able to watch tv?!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV Control is for the TiVo and V6 boxes only and allows for streaming recordings and series link management

Those functions for Virgin TV 360 are in the TV Go app - you don't need two TV apps.

It does say this in the error message too:

@Dcompton wrote:

I’m unable to sign into tv control either. The error msg is : 

Dcompton_5-1639474482203.jpeg

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Dcompton.

As @BenMcr advised, TV Control App is not compatible with TV 360 - the functions of TV Control will be on your TV Go app instead. The TV Control app is only useable for TiVo and V6 boxes.

Are you able to post a screenshot of the message that states you are "not allowed" when you try to sign in to TV Go?

Kind regards,

Serena

Not to worry serena. I’m unable to sign into TvGo. This and other service issues have been ongoing since July. None of these problems have been resolved so I’m terminating my contract as of yesterday. I cannot and will not keep paying for a service I’m not getting reliable performance with. Thank you anyway.