cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Go App not working on iPad

Dcompton
Dialled in

Tvgo doesn’t work on iOS 15.1 either. I get the same messages as everyone else is reporting. Yesterday (13/11/21), I had a call from the tech team after complaining to the chief executive! We went through the exact same processes as before, reinstalling, changing password etc etc etc. He then asked if I had a lap top to try and sign in on there. I do have a lap top but declined to try this as when I’m ‘on the go’, I put my iPad in my handbag, not a laptop, which clearly defeats the issue of having a smaller device when ‘on the go’!

Anyway, I was unable to log in on iPad mini, my current iPad or my iPhone 12, all of which are up to date software- wise. The tech then asked for my password and managed to log in his end using my old email address!

I was still using my blueyonder email address on returning to Virgin 9 months ago. I’ve been using a Blueyonder email since I originally joined Virgin many years ago. I left to go to Sky for 12 months, then returned to Virgin earlier this year, still being able to use my old blueyonder email until about a month ago when it disappeared together with tv go. Originally I was told that it was disabled as I had left Virgin (even though I had been using it for well over 2 years, from leaving to rejoining Virgin. Apparently I had ‘slipped through the net’ for the 90 day removal period lol. it was then said that it had been quarantined as a security measure. It was subsequently reinstated but by then I decided to use my iCloud email instead, just in case it was removed again (on the advice of Lee a VIP on the forum). Still no TvGo! Both my old Blueyonder and iCloud addresses are accepted on other Virgin apps, so, to me, it’s the App, not ME as suggested. Also, all the complaints about Tvgo are now rectified and I’m seeing old posts (such as this one). NO IM NOT! There’s STILL numerous complaints identical to mine!

The executive team have said there’s some mix up between my original Virgin media account and my new one which is why TvGo isn’t working. I don’t believe this for a nanosecond! If true, then DISABLE my donkeys years old account then! I can only assume then, if this is correct,  that the tech guy used my original virgin media account to sign in. When I tried my Blueyonder (still active)email, I don’t even get the the chance to sign into TvGo. I immediately get  the following message : Sorry - this isn’t available. I’ve been trying to log in on the browser rather than the app as advised. If I try and log in on the app using my old blueyonder email , the username and password aren’t recognised but if I enter my account number, it says I already have an account but STILL no TvGo using the details suggested. Nightmare tbh.

I’ll send the following if it helps, but I doubt it will. So, whichever way I try, either using the virgin media browser or the app, or either email address, nothing works. The tech guy has raised a ticket AGAIN. The last ticket still hasn’t been acted on so I doubt this will be either.

Build: 4.34.3 (4.34.20.091)
Device: iPhone 12 Mini
Conviva: 4.0.17
Connection type: WiFi
Customer HH: Anonymous
MQTT broker: DISCONNECTED
MQTT CPE status: Unknown
Last MQTT status check: No attempt
Device IP address: 192.168.0.159

Good luck! No one has managed to rectify this so far!!

best wishes

Dianna

52 REPLIES 52

Lynda70
On our wavelength

The problem with Virgin GO is the contract says it is just a service and they can take it off at any time as there is no charge attached to it. They know this so they have us over a barrel.

My blood boils every time I see the Virgin Media advertisement which brags about Virgin GO. I am sure the advertisement regulators would be interested.  There is no caveat on the screen telling ‘would be’ customers they may not get this service in every area. 

They’ve said that to me about it being free. It’s not really though is it? Think about, only certain large tv bundles get it. Those with a cheaper standard tv only box, don’t get it as part jog their package . So, we are actually paying for it as part of our bundle. If anyone  wants it on a lower price bundle, you have to subscribe to it. Thus, I’m not accepting that miserable excuse they are trying to give as their way out. They really must try harder to con me. I’m not a tech geek but I am a Masters Degree trained Clinician and have a little more intelligence than they clearly do. The latest they’ve tried is saying that my iCloud email is s third party account and that’s the reason why it’s not working. The next sentence asked for my husband’s gmail account details to see if that worked. 1. They advised I use my iCloud email as a sign in as they disabled my original blueyonder email. 2. I may be mistaken , but I was under the impression that gmail was a third party email address ! See what I mean? Thick and stupid !!

Lynda70
On our wavelength

We have 2 ipads that dont work its just excuses excuses excuses! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dcompton wrote:

They’ve said that to me about it being free. It’s not really though is it? Think about, only certain large tv bundles get it. Those with a cheaper standard tv only box, don’t get it as part jog their package . So, we are actually paying for it as part of our bundle. If anyone  wants it on a lower price bundle, you have to subscribe to it. 

TVGO is available on all TV packages without having to pay any extra for it.  However the content you can view depends upon your TV package, and also agreements between VM and the broadcasters.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/go-control under The legal Stuff, sub heading TV > TV GO

TV Go: Content available to view depends on TV package. Not all channels/content from relevant pack available. Live streaming and On Demand requires broadband/WiFi or 3G/4G/5G access. UK only. Access via PC, Mac or TV Go App (selected iOS devices and Android™ devices only). Maximum 5 compatible devices per account can watch TV, and only 2 devices can stream at any one time. Only one Sky service can be streamed at a time. Other content restrictions apply.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Apologies, I meant watching ALL channels on the App. So indirectly, we are actually paying for it. Either way, as another member has said, Tvgo is used as a temptation tool to persuade people to join VM. This is despite the fact that numerous people can’t sign into it. Using the T&C’s written in the App is a dire excuse to use when in actual fact, there’s a problem that the so called tech team can’t solve. They haven’t a clue and see no reason to rectify it either based on my experience. They’ve done nothing that I haven’t tried myself.

I can hear them now “I know, just tell her it’s more or less a favour we’re letting her have which we can withdraw at any time with explanation”; when in actual fact it’s a dreadful App. Its clear that my hardware works ok as the tv engineer logged onto the Tvgo app using my Wi-Fi password on his device. I wonder why SkyGo works fine?

Maybe VM should ask their tech team for advice on how to do things properly?

In my case I’m getting NOTHING on my Toshiba Laptop, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones regardless of whichever of the emails VM have tried to use. To my mind, it’s clear that my equipment works but there’s something seriously amiss with my account.

How about I cancel my direct debit and see if that prompts some action other than a threat for money? I might actually try this, what have I got to lose? My package has issues all the time with Wi-Fi dropping off, apps not working, the latest being unavailable channels, items not able to be deleted, my ‘favourites’ disappearing, error msgs saying I’m not connected to the internet whilst I’m actually online at the time. I still can’t access emails on the MyVirginMedia site either.

Get my drift? Disabling my service is no great loss either. As it’s fraught with problems anyway. Useless in fact.

It started with my email being ‘disabled due to security reasons’ then the Tvgo app  not working and a downhill spiral from then on. It’s like a baptism of fire every time we switch on the TV. Will it work? Won’t it work? If I worked for VM, I would ashamed to tell people. I’d rather pay Sky the extra fee than try to sort this out with incompetent tech staff. I don’t know why they don’t just CANCEL my account and reinstate it to try from the beginning as opposed to flogging a losing battle. Maybe that’s too easy for them to consider?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dcompton 

I wouldn't advise anybody cancelling their VM  direct debit. VM will charge late payment fees and it could affect peoples credit rating. There are numerous posts on the forums where this has happened to people.

I've noticed a few times when logging into the TVGO app that when I begin entering my email address the box auto fills, and their is a hard space at the end which prevents me accessing the app. I therefore need to delete the hard space. Please can you double check to see this isn't happening to your login.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I stopped using auto fill just in case this was the issue but it doesn’t make any difference. I’ve just this minute reinstalled the App. I’ve clicked on the blue UPDATE button below and crossed my fingers just in case there’s been a bug fix etc. my details are accepted, then the screw flickered 2/3 times (that’s a new feature), then a NEW msg has appeared. Instead of ‘temporarily unavailable’ it’s now in bold black NOT ALLOWED! Then the usual oops-the service isn’t available at the moment etc. 
 On the website, that’s changed as well. Still unable to sign in but instead of the usual msgs, it’s now just “Sorry-this isn’t available” nothing more nothing less! Ooh, maybe somethings going to happen for the better? I won’t hold my breath though .

Sorry to hear this issue is ongoing @Dcompton. We can understand the frustration caused. 

Are you able to provide a screenshot of this ( while omitting personal details) so we can best understand? Have you also made any recent changes to your package?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, I’m not able to send screenshots as apparently they’re too large and your upload won’t allow me to reduce the size.there are no changes to my package

Also my tv remote doesn’t work and my tv box has a fault too! What on earth is going on???