cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SkySports app won't accept me as a subscriber (I am)

Aerosophiewinni
Tuning in

I'm having exactly the same issue can you help? 

33 REPLIES 33

Aerosophiewinni
Tuning in

Sky sports won't accept me as a subscriber via the vrigin go app or the sky sports app.

Apps have been deleted and reinstalled. All other channels work on virgin app only problem is with sky sports. 

Sky sports works on my TV 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports channels are listed on the TV Go app, but this is just a shortcut and you need to use the Sky app to watch them.

On the Sky Sports app, you need to login using the "Virgin Media UK" login in the middle of the screen, not the Sky-customer login on the right - it's worth checking you're doing this first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

done that mate checked I'm logging into the virgin bit on the sky app. Deleted and reinstalled both apps no difference 

Hi @Aerosophiewinni,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble watching Sky Sports content via your Virgin TV Go app. What happens exactly when you try? Does an error message appear? Is any other Virgin TV Go content not working?

Along with this, are you definitely subscribed to be able to watch Sky Sports content? You can check what's currently included in your bundle by logging into your My Virgin Media online account.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Definatly have the service.

Message comes up saying I'm not subscribed. But I am it works fine on the TV now but not on mobile all other channels work on the app its just sky sports

Hi Aerosophiewinni, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that things are working on your TV. This is good as it means it's unlikely to be an account issue. So we can help further can you let us know the below please?:

• Have you ever had Sky previously where you would have used the same log in details? 
  • What device are you trying to access Sky Sports on?
  • Can you confirm that both the operating system on the device and the app are running the latest software versions and there is no update to complete?
  • Has the app allowed you to log in successfully on the devices? 
  • Are you only getting the error when trying to live stream a channel or also when trying to watch a recording or Catch up / On Demand content? 
  • Do you get this error on every channel you try? If not, can you give us some specific examples of what you're trying to watch so we can try and replicate it here?

A screenshot of the error would also be great. Pop back and keep us posted. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Not used the app before so not trying to sign in with a different account

Issue only happens when I try to stream sky sports live I can access all the other content on both virgin go app and sky sports app. 

Accessing it on a Samsung s20 software is all upto date latest operating system. App has been downloaded and deleted and redownloaded so is the upto date version on both sky sports and virging app

Logging onto sky sports via the virgin bit so the correct login process

Only error on sky sports app live streaming 

I have the full tv package and have skysports so my subscription does include and it does work on the TV box 

Its bern about 2 werks and this has not been sorted ... very frustrating. 

Screenshot_20220410-075039_Sky Sports.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening @Aerosophiewinni

Thank you for clarifying! Can I just make sure you are selecting content that is showing on a live channel and that isn't pay per view?

Thank you. 

Hello 

Yes I'm trying to watch live TV that I have a subscription for and not ppv or anything like that.

Why is this becoming so difficult to resolve I've read previous posts with people having this same problems surely you guys are aware of this issue and it can be resolved quickly rather then going on and on I'm becoming rather frustrated about this to be honest.

Regards

Roy

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening @Aerosophiewinni

Thank you for clarifying! Can I just make sure you are selecting content that is showing on a live channel and that isn't pay per view?

Thank you.