cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky sports

WishStuffWorked
Joining in

Hi 

this fix doesn’t work for me. The sky go app won’t accept my logon details. I’m using the same ones I use to log into my virgin account. The sky account says it doesn’t recognise either username or password. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Garycar9
Tuning in

Hi you are using the Virgin Go app aren't you? Then it should work mate, as soon as you click on the sky sports channel it directs you to the sky sports app and asks you to log in if your a virgin media customer.

Yes, when I do that it transfers me to sky and then it just says your subscription needs to be upgraded. I do have sky sports on my package. It just doesn’t work.

I think the issue is that I used to be a sky customer and I used the same email to sign up for both. I think when it bounces me to sky sky still has my details as a lapsed customer so it just won’t go any further. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you login from VM it should use VMs database as long as you are using the correct login button:

Sky Sports Login.jpg

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah, it signs me in but then just says I need to upgrade my subscription. 

I have fixed it though. I deleted both the vm go app and sky sports and deleted the passkey logons for both. I then reuploaded both apps and it worked even though I used the exact same user login and password. I can only presume it was a caching issue from my legacy sky account. So that might work for others if they have the same issue.

I was also a sky customer for over 20yrs and only just changed over to Virgin last month, not sure mate perhaps call Virgin or even give sky a call I'm sure they could help. 👍

Thanks for coming back to us WishStuffWorked and I'm glad that you have been able to get this resolved.

Please let us know if you have any further issues?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L