I am having the same issue and have tried previous suggestions to no avail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lundhill74

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for providing the details on your Sky Sports app issue, I'm sorry it's not working on your iPad at the moment.

Have you made sure that your iPad's software is currently up to date?

Are you using a VPN? Does disabling the VPN make a difference?
Can you try resetting the settings on your iPad and let us know if this gets the app working again 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lundhill74,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing some issues with accessing the Sky Sports app on iPad.

I can see that your post has been moved to a separate thread. We encourage customers to do this, as each issue can be slightly different and may require a different resolution.

Can you tell me a little more about your issue and your experience?

Are you able to access the app on any other devices? What suggestions have you tried?

Are you a current Virgin Media customer?

Please let us know, so we can help you further. Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am a current Vigin media customer but cannot access Skysports app on my ipad. I have deleted and teinstalled the app and check location settings etc as seen in other forums but still does not work-comes up as video unavailable

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lundhill74

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for providing the details on your Sky Sports app issue, I'm sorry it's not working on your iPad at the moment.

Have you made sure that your iPad's software is currently up to date?

Are you using a VPN? Does disabling the VPN make a difference?
Can you try resetting the settings on your iPad and let us know if this gets the app working again 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

Thank you, updating has helped and I can now access Skysports on my ipad

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Lundhill74

Really glad to hear you have managed to get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I have been having the same problem. It used to work ok on this iPad. My older iPad is still ok as is my phone when watching SkySports. I am just downloading very latest iPadOS15.4.1 and will try and remove the Norton VPN which always seems to be on.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PlumR14 

The solution below is from fellow VIP @nodrogd 

If you have Norton 360 with VPN running on an iPad it will cause the dreaded “video unavailable” message on the Sky Sports app live streams.

Despite the Norton app stating that VPN is not “active” on a secure connection, it will still stop the live streaming on Sky Sports working. Indeed even opening the Norton app & switching auto VPN off has no effect. What you have to do is turn off browsing protection completely in the app. This completely disconnects the VPN, the icon disappears from the top right of the screen & the streams start working again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Still no joy. iPadOS15.4.1 loaded ok. Norton VPN status changed to manual selection. Still unable to watch Sky Sports. I have relevant subscription for Sky Sports through Virgin Media.

Thanks. There are three options on my Norton. Wi-Fi Security, Device Security, Internet Security. VPN is shown as OFF. I do not understand why this has happened on this device. It used to work fine.