cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky Sports F1 is missing

Jaylin567
Tuning in

@Lucky15 wrote:  Dunkin Runs on You

Sky Sports F1 is not on my channel list. All the other channels seem to be there. Why is that?

I have exactly the same problem on the PC registered with the Sky Sports App. The chennels have simply disappeared. Also on my phone I get "Unexpected Error. Error OVP_00200". In other words it is usless for watching the big sporting events. I have just been hit with yet another large price increase. My 'loyalty' seems to mean nothing. I really am actively looking into changing provider this time...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jaylin567 wrote:

Sky Sports F1 is not on my channel list. All the other channels seem to be there. Why is that?

I have exactly the same problem on the PC registered with the Sky Sports App. The chennels have simply disappeared. Also on my phone I get "Unexpected Error. Error OVP_00200". In other words it is usless for watching the big sporting events. I have just been hit with yet another large price increase. My 'loyalty' seems to mean nothing. I really am actively looking into changing provider this time...

Hi @Jaylin567 

The message Unexpected Error. Error OVP_00200 used to be quite common on the Now TV forums for customers trying to access the Sky Sports app.

In the majority of the cases it was related to the devices IP address and Sky thinking the user was not in the UK, so this may be a possible solution for your mobile issue..

Are you using a VPN, either web based or as a browser addon on your mobile?  If so either turn  off the VPN or uninstall it and try again.

You should also check that your ip address is listed as being based in the UK on the following site

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 

If the above doesn't work then log into the Sky Sports app settings and clear the cache and then sign in again. If that also fails try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jaylin567 wrote:

Hi @Jaylin567 

The message Unexpected Error. Error OVP_00200 used to be quite common on the Now TV forums for customers trying to access the Sky Sports app.

In the majority of the cases it was related to the devices IP address and Sky thinking the user was not in the UK, so this may be a possible solution for your mobile issue..

Are you using a VPN, either web based or as a browser addon on your mobile?  If so either turn  off the VPN or uninstall it and try again.

You should also check that your ip address is listed as being based in the UK on the following site

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ 

If the above doesn't work then log into the Sky Sports app settings and clear the cache and then sign in again. If that also fails try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jaylin567, welcome back to the community! 

So sorry to hear you are having issues accessing Sky sports F1 via your PC! 

Massive thanks to @newapollo for providing some insight and offering troubleshooting steps!

If you can please try these and confirm if the issue persists! It would be particularly good to know if you are using a VPN which may be causing the issue. 

Do you get the same error when trying to use the sky sports app on any other devices?

Let us know how you get on so we can offer further support! 

All the best. 

Molly