cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Only available at home - error message when trying to watch saved recordings.

twinklestar
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have a Samsung S21 & also have this problem even if I'm in the same room as the box! It is driving me insane.
I was much happier before upgrading to the V60 or whatever the latest box is now called. Recording options were so much better before too!

Can you please fix this so I can at least watch on my phone when I want to?

Thank you.

Sue

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread.

@twinklestar wrote:

I have a Samsung S21 & also have this problem even if I'm in the same room as the box! It is driving me insane.

Being in the same room is immaterial when trying to stream recordings at home. What matters is being on the same home network as your V360 box. Are you?

If you're not sure, check in your router for both your TV box and phone both having an IP address in the range 192.168.0.x - the x can & will differ, but the everything else needs to be the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @twinklestar, can you please provide us with an update, using the post from @japitts as a starting point?

Can you confirm if this has occurred before updating to the 360 TV software/set top box?

Does this happen on multiple devices or just one device?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Corey_C
Hi twinklestar,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having playback issues with your recordings. Are you able to clarify the following, please?

Are you able to confirm if the box is on?
If it isn’t, check that what Standby mode the box is in – it needs to be in Active or Fast Start.
If Fast Start, you should be able to see recordings immediately that they use the App.
If Active start, and then you may need to wait a few mins, as the app sends a message to wake up the box over the network.
Are you using a VPN or Firewall/Anti-Virus?
Are you using Mesh network? 
Mesh networks can run on one two modes. If the Mesh is in Bridged mode – sometimes called "Access Point", then the box can be plugged into the Virgin Media router directly, and all will work ok. 
If it is not in Bridged mode – often called "Router", then the box needs to be plugged into the Mesh NOT the Virgin Media router, or it will not work. 
"Router" mode is often the default for Mesh systems, so important to check.  

Also can you specify which programmes or shows does the error occur? When it does occur, is it every recording that fails?

Cheers,
Corey C