cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Only available at home - error message when trying to watch saved recordings.

Kozey546
Joining in

@twinklestar wrote:

Hi,

I have a Samsung S21 & also have this problem even if I'm in the same room as the box! It is driving me insane.
I was much happier before upgrading to the V60 or whatever the latest box is now called. Recording options were so much better before too!

Can you please fix this so I can at least watch on my phone when I want to?

Thank you.  Myhdfs.com

Sue

I’m also having this problem. Upgraded to 360 two weeks ago and this was working last week. Have rebooted the box and after the reboot i managed to watch something on the Go app before it stopped playing and now im getting the error message again when I try to start the recording on my phone.

2 REPLIES 2

Kozey546
Joining in

@twinklestar wrote:

Hi,

I have a Samsung S21 & also have this problem even if I'm in the same room as the box! It is driving me insane.
I was much happier before upgrading to the V60 or whatever the latest box is now called. Recording options were so much better before too!

Can you please fix this so I can at least watch on my phone when I want to?  Myhdfs.com 

Thank you.

Sue

I get the problem whether attached at 2.4GHz, 5GHz or via Ethernet and whether iOS is at 14.5 or 14.4.2. My TV go version is 4.31.0 and my TV360 box is at 4.31. Also my hub is in modem mode so I use a Netgear Orbi Mesh system for WiFi. Given everything I know so far this is not a connectivity issue it is a bug in the app and the way it interacts with the box. You can see the recordings you have on the box and what is planned to record and you can set a new program to record, you just can’t play a recording back. May be this will help you out. 

Hi Kozey546,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having playback issues with your recordings. Are you able to clarify the following, please?

1. Are you able to confirm if the box is on?
  2. If it isn’t, check that what Standby mode the box is in – it needs to be in Active or Fast Start.
  3. If Fast Start, you should be able to see recordings immediately that they use the App.
  4. If Active start, and then you may need to wait a few mins, as the app sends a message to wake up the box over the network.
  5. Are you using a VPN or Firewall/Anti-Virus?
  6. Are you using Mesh network? 
    1. Mesh networks can run on one two modes. If the Mesh is in Bridged mode – sometimes called "Access Point", then the box can be plugged into the Virgin Media router directly, and all will work ok. 
    2. If it is not in Bridged mode – often called "Router", then the box needs to be plugged into the Mesh NOT the Virgin Media router, or it will not work. 
    3. "Router" mode is often the default for Mesh systems, so important to check.  

Also can you specify which programmes or shows does the error occur? When it does occur, is it every recording that fails?

Cheers,
Corey C