cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t stream on to control app

AnVM789
Joining in

Hello - Could you please provide a solution to being unable to stream recorded programs from my VM box to the Virgin TV Go apps on my iphone, ipad and PC? We just signed up to VM (July 2022), so equipment is new. The VM wireless system works fine and it is connected to a TP-Link P9 mesh powerline network. The problem persist even with the TP-Link switched off but the VM network is on. What do I need to do to get this fixed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AnVM789,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to stream from your TV box to your devices.

Which TV box do you have at the moment? is it a V6 or 360 box?

Are the box and your phone connected to the same network?

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AnVM789,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to stream from your TV box to your devices.

Which TV box do you have at the moment? is it a V6 or 360 box?

Are the box and your phone connected to the same network?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi - thanks for the prompt reply, Really appreciated. My order form says the box is a Virgin 360.(manufactured by Humax, model: 1008R). Our land line is plugged into the VM router (landline works fine). And VM 360 plugged into router. There are no issues with TV content on our TV. Where possible Live TV can be streamed to iphone, ipad and PC but recorded programs cannot. Happy to provide further information and really appreciate your help.

As I mentioned previously, we have installed a TP Link P9 mesh powerline network on the back of the VM wifi. This all works well together without issues. The TP Link network has created its own wifi network and the VM wifi network runs in parallel. Streaming recorded TV content to the TV go app does not work on either the TP Link or VM wifi. 

The error message I receive on the app is: "This recording is only available on your home network. If you are at home, check that you are connected to the same network or SSID as you Virgin TV box, and that that the Virgin TV Go app has permission to discover devices on your local netowork. To check this, go to IOS settings ;> TV Go > Local netowrk > ON"

I've checked the setting for the TV Go app and they are correct. I only use the app at home. I have no idea how to check SSID and I have not looked at this possibility.  . .  

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @AnVM789,

Thanks for providing us with the in-depth breakdown of how your service is set up. You've mentioned that your TP-Link P9 Mesh system operates alongside your VM Wi-Fi network, does this mean you have a Wi-Fi list that is similar to the following?:

VM123456 (Hub Network)
TP-Link123 (TP-Link Network)

If so, this is where your issue may be lying. The device that your TV:GO app is on would need to be on the same network as your actual TV. For example, if your phone was on TP-Link123, you would need to connect to VM123456 to use the TV:GO app and vice versa.

The SSID of a network is simply the name of the Wi-Fi network. If you have a VPN active or have your internet go through a proxy, this may also be the issue - please disable them, if you have either active.

Please can you try connecting your TV Box and TV:GO device to the same network and let me know if the issue persists?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ