Menu
Parm71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Privacy error when logging on to watch Sky Sports

I was able to login to watch Sky Sports via the Virgin Media login page but today I am getting a message that there is a privacy error, it reads:

Your connection is not fully secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration, which may expose your information (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards) when it is sent to this site.

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

The connection used to load this site used TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1, which are deprecated and will be disabled in the future. Once disabled, users will be prevented from loading this site. The server should enable TLS 1.2 or later.

Proceed to wig.sky.com (unsafe)

I am not sure what is going on here but it does not seem very secure. Can you help?

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Privacy error when logging on to watch Sky Sports

What browser and OS version are you using? Checking Sky Sports Virgin Media sign in page in Chrome for me it shows as:

The connection to this site is encrypted and authenticated using TLS 1.2, ECDHE_RSA with P-256, and AES_256_GCM.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Parm71
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Google Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and I also tried it on the new Microsoft edge and the same message appears, OS is Windows 10.

Parm

0 Kudos
Parm71
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Checked for Windows updates and there were two pending so they are now installed. This cleared the issue, I should have checked those in the first place before posting!
0 Kudos