Menu
ceemage
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Previous Virgin TV Anywhere seems to be blocking Virgin TV Go

We had a Virgin account at our old address, which we moved out of earlier in the year, at which point cancelled the account. After several months, we've moved into our new house, and are happily back with Virgin. The old account was registered to my wife's e-mail address; the new one is registered to mine.

Previously, we had TV Anywhere installed on an iPhone and iPad using the old user name and password, and this worked fine. Now, we can't get logged in to the replacement TV Go app using the new user name and password - it says that the user name and password "don't look right." I know that the user name and password that I am using are valid, as I can log in to the Virgin Media website using them on my computer.

Oddly enough, if we log in using our *old* account details, the app works and we get in - but shows we have access to no channels. Which is, I suppose, logically correct if the account is defunct...

Is it possible that the app(s) or the device(s) are somehow holding on to the old account details, and not letting us change over to use the new account details? If so, what can we do to resolve this. (We have, of course, already tried that perennial stand-by of completely un-installing the app and re-installing it, with the same result.)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Previous Virgin TV Anywhere seems to be blocking Virgin TV Go

Hi ceemage,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'll just need to confirm the details that you're using so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ceemage,

Just to let you know I have replied to your private message Smiley Happy

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ceemage,

Welcome to the community.

I will be happy to have a look at this for you.  Can you please confirm if this is still an issue today?  If so, I can help further.

Keep me posted.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ceemage
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just checked again - still getting the same error message "Your username or password looks wrong."

Grateful for anything you can do to help.

0 Kudos
severnbore
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Whilst waiting for the MOD to get back to assist, what I can tell you when the ANYWHERE was replaced with GO the accounts & devices required a new sign in.

Something that has occurred to me, having set up previous a VM account for someone else, don't assume your email @XXXXXXX is what it was before particularly if you had the account a long time.  It confused me no end assuming by f-in-l would be @blueyonder but when I looked closer at his account it was @virginmedia look closely at your confirmation account details.  Just a thought.  I know I spent hours trying until I read the information!

Good luck

Merry Christmas

0 Kudos
ceemage
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! My registered e-mail address is actually not a Virgin one at all, but my own registered domain. However, your general point is spot on - always worth checking the login details! In my case, I know that's not the problem, as I can log in on the Virgin Media website on my desktop using exactly the same user name and password that VM GO rejects...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ceemage,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'll just need to confirm the details that you're using so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ceemage
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I've been offline a couple of days (managed to lock password out!) but I'm back now and will reply to your PM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ceemage,

Just to let you know I have replied to your private message Smiley Happy

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ceemage
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For any observers, Rose has now sorted this - we can log in both on Virgin Go and Virgin TV Control (the latter we hadn't even dared try until we got Virgin Go working!) and both seem to be working fine now.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad this is working for you now Smiley Happy

If anyone else is receiving the error that the username and password is incorrect and then being asked to tick the 'I am not a robot' capture form, then tick this and enter your username and password and try to sign in again.

It seems like the capture form is preventing a first time sign in, this might not happen for all browsers but it seemed to happen when using Chrome.

Any problems please let me know Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos