cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Quality

danoid
Joining in

Hello,

When I watch Eurosport the quality is poor, I've tried two different browsers and devices but it's the same issue.

Whilst I'm not expecting 1080p, 720p should be easily achievable and not getting that, probably more like 480p.

How do I increase the quality?  I need it for this weekend so a prompt resolution is what i'm after 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your issue with Eurosport specifically, or are other channels also similar?

And is this Eurosport 1 or 2?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's all channels to be honest and not just eurosport, some are slightly better than others, but it's not HD.  What quality should TV Go be? should it be at least 720p?

I forgot to say, tried on difference devices and different locations, so it's not my broadband

Hi @danoid,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I have located your account but I am unable to communicate with your equipment as the box is unreachable. Please let me know when it's plugged in so I can run through diagnostics.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, my box is on and has been for several months now, so not sure why you cannot access it.

Can you confirm what quality tv on the go should be?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ayisha_B  - The OP is reporting an issue with their TV-Go streaming app, I'm unsure what their STB diagnostics have to do with this? Apologies if your diagnostics are related.

On a general note, and more as an example than answering the query... Sky Sports News is viewable via the TV-Go app & also the Sky Sports one, making a comparison fairly easy. The VM app does stream at a lower resolution than the Sky app - but it's still perfectly good quality for the small screens that these devices have.

I'm not sure on the resolutions though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the tag @japitts- that's totally my mistake, apologies! I misread as a TV issue instead of TV GO hence me wanting to run diagnostics on the box.

Sorry, you're having this issue with streaming on TV GO @danoid.

Can you please advise which devices you have tried streaming on and the software version? It may be worth deleting and re-installing the app ensuring you're on the latest version to see if this makes any difference. 

If the resolution quality is still poor given that you have tried via the app and browser, I may need to raise this with our IT team for you.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @danoid

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Is this issue ranging across different devices and is this the same when connecting via mobile data / broadband, if you've tried that?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team