cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please sign in with your main user account. Sub-accounts cannot sign in.

nathanm
Tuning in

Screenshot of the issue:

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 12.13.40.png

Things i've done:

- Verified with customer support it's my main account credentials I'm logging in with

- Tried different browsers, devices

- Changed my email account to something different

- Reset password

I've been sent from customer service rep to customer service rep, today I got a call from a technician who said he can't do anything, obviously. This is clearly a *software* issue with virgin go tv authentication. 

My guess is that my account was setup with an active service, the technician failed to book a follow up visit so my order was auto-cancelled. I then got my service re-ordered and successfully installed but i cannot use virgin tv go.

I've had tickets with virgin customer support closed, noones looking into this issue and it's an absolute joke that i'm paying so much money every month and I cannot watch and TV (my flat house is currently being refusbished so I do not live there). 

This has been going on since I got virgin media installed in January. I'm happy to have a call with anyone from IT to go over the issue, but I imagine to fix this you could create a new virgin media custom and transfer my active account over.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apologies it has taken this long to get the issue resolved nathanm but I'm happy to have helped. To be completely honest it is something in the back end that had changed, it was an automatic change but we have a team who resolve these issues pretty quickly.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here 🙂

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello nathanm,

Sorry to hear of the sign in issues you're experiencing with the TV Go application, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We're aware of an issue and are currently investigating this, I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to get this raised.

Looking forward to your reply.

Rob

Thanks,  has raised this with IT.

Happy to help natham, as soon as I get an update on this I will let you know here to try logging in again 🙂

Rob

I happened to log in and it seems to be fixed! I can stream TV!

I'm equally relieved that it's fixed and annoyed it's taken months to get it fixed when the actual fix took a few hours from reporting to someone that knew who to speak to, to it working.

Thanks for getting it sorted. Do you know what the issue is?

Apologies it has taken this long to get the issue resolved nathanm but I'm happy to have helped. To be completely honest it is something in the back end that had changed, it was an automatic change but we have a team who resolve these issues pretty quickly.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here 🙂

Rob

Jill8
On our wavelength

The exact same thing is happening to me. I have just upgraded my package (paying over £100 per month) and have never been able to log in using the TV go app. Very frustrating. Exactly the same problems as original post. Tried everything. Don't even have a second account or what ever its saying. Also been on the phone to a bunch of people who don't seem to even understand what I'm trying to explain to them. 

Jill8
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20220528-013857_Virgin TV Go.jpg

I've tried everything OP has tried too. Been trying to log In for years. I thought upgrading our package would fix this 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20220528-020320_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi Jill8

Sorry about this. I shall send you a PM now to assist further and hopefully sort this out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Jill8
On our wavelength

So 2 months later and I.T are still looking into this, apparently.. 

Was on a live chat ordering a wifi booster and at the end when asked 'is there anything else I can help you with', I mentioned the problem there. I was promised it would be fixed within three days. That was two weeks ago now. 

Do I just give up? 🤔 

Pretty sure all that needs to be done is clear what ever email is the main account holder and replace it with my own..