Menu
Tomo444
Tuning in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: PLAYBACK_INACTIVITY_ERROR_OTT sky sports

How's this forum supposed to work?

this post was started 3 weeks ago and VMs help so far seems to be limited to periodically checking whether the issue is still there!

is there any chance of getting some actual help here?

i bought this telly tablet from VM for the sole purpose of watching sky sports (as advertised) and it doesn't work!

Coominez
Tuning in
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Last week seemed to work better but this weekend has been unwatchable again

Virgin cant do anything other than username and password issues.  I've tried 4 times to get help from sky but got no response.

It would be good if someone from virgin championed the issue and took it to sky but I think the best we will get is the continued "is it working yet" in the hope we will go away.

I've got a month and half of virgin contract left and will be moving to sky. I cant imagine they ignore their own customers

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello All, 

Thanks for your replies - we have had a look and investigation as as yet, this is not been reported as a known issue but we shall do our best to assist and then we can raise it up if needed. 

Please can you all ensure that the app and device is up to date and running the latest software available? 

Pop back and confirm if you can - we're doing more investigations in the background. Thanks for your patience. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Coominez
Tuning in
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

No idea how haven't had this reported as an issue as I've called your contact centre twice. How else are we supposed to report things?

Back home from a holiday, turn on the f1 testing and immediately got the error message playback inactivity.

It used to be every 20mins but now its every 30secs. 

Everything is up to date software wise. 

Will someone be speaking to sky about this? Do we have a date? Any idea on a resolution?

I reckon it's been 4months at least at £20+ a month for an unwatchable sky sports add on. Will be you refunding everyone on this forum until its fixed?

0 Kudos
Tomo444
Tuning in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

hi Katie,

it still doesn't work for me I'm afraid

I presume VM have still been too busy to do anything to fix this problem?

In addition to the £20 a month refund coominez has asked for, can I return my telly tablet for a refund of the £300 I paid?

let me know if you need my address to send the cheque.

tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

Can you confirm that the app and device are both up to date and running on the latest software?

In regards to a refund, I'm afraid as the app is a free added extra then we wouldn't be able to do this. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tomo444
Tuning in
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I can confirm that my tablet and app are running the latest software

As of today it still doesn't work

Incidentally my telly tablet wasn't free, i bought it from VM for £299 solely for the purpose of watching sky sports.  Having just checked the VM website, watching sky sports is still being advertised as a key benefit of buying a telly tablet!

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi There

can you uninstall and reinstall the app to see if anything changes? 

Chris 

0 Kudos
Tomo444
Tuning in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

success! 

Or at least so far so good.  I've uninstalled / re-installed 3 times in the last couple of weeks without any change but just done it again and it looks different immediately.

only been running for 5 mins but so far so good and hd quality

Cheers

tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomo444, 

Please let us know if you experience any further issues with the service and we will be happy to assist. 

Thank 

Nat
0 Kudos