Menu
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

PC: Setting recordings

Until today, TV Anywhere, when accessed via my PC, would allow me to set recordings.  Has this been decommissioned by design or error in its replacement, TV Go?  It also seems no longer possible to list one's channels or one's favourites.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PC: Setting recordings

Setting recordings through the website is no longer available.

To set recordings on a TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box, you'll need to use Virgin TV Control on an Android or iOS device.

You can still manage existing Series Links and My Shows through the Manage my TiVo section of the website.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dagnabbit!

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Superstar
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

Setting recordings through the website is no longer available.

To set recordings on a TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box, you'll need to use Virgin TV Control on an Android or iOS device.

You can still manage existing Series Links and My Shows through the Manage my TiVo section of the website.

I posted about this elsewhere. Why remove this facility?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Yosemite
Settling in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievable! So "Setting recordings through the website is no longer available".

Why on Earth not? It is (or I suppose I should say "was") a convenient method of setting recordings whilst viewing the programme guide on a decent sized screen. Is Virgin media unable to grasp that not all of its customers are teenagers who are surgically attached to their mobile phones?

This isn't progress and it certainly isn't good customer service. On the contrary, it's pure idiocy.

Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Fully agree with you on this one.  It now means I have to be at home in front of the TV to be able to set a recording!!  Used to be able to do that on my laptop while away so I didn't miss a show that I wanted to see.  And Virgin, don't tell me to use my phone to do that in Android or Ios or some other junk.  My Nokia 3310 is a phone, not a remote life controller!!  If Virgin want to give me a smart phone to use for free, then fine.  And while I am at at, can we have the old format TV schedule back on the web?  New format is rubbish!!

frank_gm
Superstar
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The initial post was on 07/12 and other threads were raised about this defect around the same time but the Forum team hold us, the paying customers, in such contempt that they have refused to respond to any of the threads on this subject.

Is it not time for a response, Forum team?  After all, it is our subs that go towards paying your wages.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry this feature has been removed from the Virgin TV Go website. All feedback will be passed to the development team for consideration.

In the mean time you can still set recordings using the Virgin TV Control app.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Superstar
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Josh_RW wrote:

Hi all, 

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry this feature has been removed from the Virgin TV Go website. All feedback will be passed to the development team for consideration.

In the mean time you can still set recordings using the Virgin TV Control app.

All the best

Josh

So, having waited a month for a response that is all you can come up with.

Can you explain how to use the Virgin TV Control app on a Windows laptop? Thought not.

The response, or more aptly the lack of response, to this problem shows the contempt in which VM holds its customers. So how about a full explanation of why an extremely useful and popular facility has been removed. That is the question your customers are asking.

Your response does not address the question asked.

¡No Pasarán!
ianto99
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This was much better on SKY....
0 Kudos