cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘Only available at home ‘ error message

Tuning in

Why do I keep getting this message on my iPad?

Yes, the TV is on the same network as the iPad.

Yes, the privacy settings for local network are switched on.

Virgin, you are driving me insane, your Go app should be renamed Stop as its rubbish.

I thought it was bad enough that the audio on the app keeps dropping out so you have to go into the audio settings to go to ‘Audio 2’ every 5 minutes but at least I could actually watch something .

I’m almost ready to start paying for a Sky subscription and just leave my Virgin subscription to rot away in the corner til the wretched contract expires.

3F77C30B-FD8D-4624-AED8-9FF34375C2B4.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 914850301,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with TVGO.

Can you confirm if you've updated the software on the iPad recently? If so, was it working fine prior to this.

Alex_Rm

The audio issue has been there just since I updated the iPad software to iOS 15.1 last week.

The error message is not new but intermittent.

It has been worst the last few days to the point where it just would not let me watch anything on the iPad though it would let me on my sons iPad at first but then this even stopped working.

Oddly, after I eventually gave up trying to watch BBC MOTD on the app and used iPlayer instead, after deleting the program from the virgin box via my iPad, programs started to play again on the iPad without the error message.

It has always displayed the error message on the following example. I’ll set it to record premiere league football on either Sky or BT sport.

If I try to start watching it on the iPad while it is still recording, it won’t let me and comes up with the error message though it will work on the set top box.

It must actually be on the correct network since it both displays the saved programs correctly and will allow me to set programs to record, from the iPad.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us 914850301,

Is this working for you now you deleted something from your box?

Zoie

I also get this issue on all my devices.

two iPhones, one 11 one 12 pro and one iPad.

I have found an issue if you sign online via the web it says I have no devices registered but via the app all devices are there.

I can watch live TV but none of my recordings 

Hi alphabet8493, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the Community although I am sorry to hear that you're having the same issue when trying to watch recordings via TV Go. 

As there are different screens showing when checking which devices you have registered for use with TV Go, it's worth giving everything a reset. Can you delete the TV Go app from the devices, restart the devices too and this should refresh everything. Make sure the devices are all running the latest software update before reinstalling the app. 

Once you have re-installed the app, try again and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Not always, no.

It’s not as bad as when I first reported the issue where it basically didn’t work for 2 days but still intermittently shows the error.

Hi kath

thanks for coming back to me. Unfortunately I’ve tried this many times, is it best to contact virgin media directly to reset everything?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

914850301 have you tried following the steps advised by Kath above?

We can reset your registered devices from here alphabet8493. If you get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) we'll see if that helps at all. 

Tom 

Tom,

Wasn’t Kath’s message in reply to alphabet8493’s issue?