cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only available at home error message

starlir
Up to speed

After yesterday’s update to Virgin Go 4.31.0 I cannot watch saved recordings on my 360 box on either iPad or iPhone as I get the error message ‘Only available at home’. The app cannot determine that I am on the same network as my 360 box even though I am (the 360 is on ethernet).  Worked before the update.  Tired of bug after bug in this software, makes me wonder who is doing testing and qa for it, whoever it is ain’t very good……

61 REPLIES 61

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.

I downloaded the app on a Samsung Galaxy S9. I joined Virgin Media on the 1st of October 2021, so the box and modem I received is brand new. I recorded a film on the box. I can see it on the app on my phone, and I have paired the box and the phone via the app...

when I try to watch the film on the app, I'm at home, using the Virgin wifi (box is connected with ethelnet), I get the error message that it is only available to watch on the home network, when I am on the home network.

Everything else on the app seems to be working fine, I can watch live tv, catch up... (except the ones that are only available on the 360 box).

Thanks.

Hello Electranieda,

Sorry to hear of the problems viewing content via the TV Go app, we understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Can you confirm if this happens across everything you try to watch or just certain content? We have some helpful tips here for the TV Go app.

Rob

Hi Rob,

It happens with recorded content on the box. I have no problem watching live tv or catch up.

When I try to watch the recorded content, it asks me to connect with box, and that is done correctly, but then when I press play, it tells me that the content is only available on the home network (where I am).

Thanks

Hi Electranieda

Is this with every recording or set ones please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

IT magic, it hasn't worked for a week and now it seems to be working, without doing anything different. 

Well, it seems that the problem has been resolved.

It’s working again for me too, but now without sound. Same on iPad and iPhone.

Go to subtitles (top right on iPad) and choose English 2 and you should get the sound. Told them about this four releases ago but they don’t or won’t listen……

Rob1979
On our wavelength

Thanks that works, just have to do it every time!

That’s right. Meanwhile the ‘developers’ in India go their own sweet way….

Hi both, 

Thanks for popping back to us in the Community to advise that things are working for you now. We're really glad to hear this. 

Thanks to user starlir for the work around on the sound issue too. We'll ensure this is fed back to the team. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs