cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only available at home error message

starlir
Up to speed

After yesterday’s update to Virgin Go 4.31.0 I cannot watch saved recordings on my 360 box on either iPad or iPhone as I get the error message ‘Only available at home’. The app cannot determine that I am on the same network as my 360 box even though I am (the 360 is on ethernet).  Worked before the update.  Tired of bug after bug in this software, makes me wonder who is doing testing and qa for it, whoever it is ain’t very good……

61 REPLIES 61

FlyingZebra
Tuning in

Hi all - just adding my name here to this issue list as well.

I have been having the same issue - on box firmware 4.31, completely unable to stream any recordings from the main box showing the 'not at home' error.

Same issue in diagnostics with CPE IP showing as 'Unknown'. Yet appears fairly easy to find the CPE IP - it looks to have registered on the router with a dns name of virgin-tv-1, so the network is easily able to access it simply by querying this DNS name. It will allow me to push/pull programmes from the app to/from the main box.

Hoping someone from Virgin can step in and provide an update here - it's very frustrating having issues such as this, especially when telephone support are completely unable to assist.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @FlyingZebra,

Thanks for getting in touch, and for providing those details, it is much appreciated. This issue is currently with the relevant team, and we will post an update on this thread as soon as we have one.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi all,  

A new version of the app appears to have been released (4.32.1) and recording playback now appears to be working.

Thanks

Bri

Yes I can confirm this works for me on iPhone on iOS 14.7 beta 2. Will try iPad later.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @synner,

Thank you for updating everyone with this information 🙂

I am glad to see this is working for you and others.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

iPadOS 14.7 Beta 2 also working ok now.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Perfect 🙂 Thank you for this information @starlir

This is great news! 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

FlyingZebra
Tuning in

I can also confirm that the latest update on iOS (4.32.1) has resolved this issue for me on the latest iOS (14.6) 

The only thing that may be of use for anyone having the same issue - on one of my devices I did have to delete the app fully and reinstall from scratch to get it working but now both iPhone and iPad are working.

Is there any more updates on this issue please? It was working ok then I installed the new hub and now I keep getting the stupid message about home, when I’m right next to box! So frustrating 

Hello Vickyf13

Sorry to hear this

Would you be able to explain in a bit more detail what the issue is please 

That way we can look at this in more detail

Gareth_L