cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only available at home error message

starlir
Up to speed

After yesterday’s update to Virgin Go 4.31.0 I cannot watch saved recordings on my 360 box on either iPad or iPhone as I get the error message ‘Only available at home’. The app cannot determine that I am on the same network as my 360 box even though I am (the 360 is on ethernet).  Worked before the update.  Tired of bug after bug in this software, makes me wonder who is doing testing and qa for it, whoever it is ain’t very good……

61 REPLIES 61

Hi synner, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with this too. 

In order for us to raise this with the teams we will need some specific information. Can you please come back to me with the following:

• The actual device/s you are getting the error on (make and model numbers)
  • What are the browser or app versions
  • An example of the content you are getting the error message on (Boxset, live channel, recording etc)

Once we have a few examples, we can then raise this up to the team to get looked at and resolved 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kath_F .

It seems clear to me from the many threads on this issue that this occurs for iOS and iPadOS users (likely from 14.5) and means recordings from TV 360 Saved can’t be watched.

The issues can be best described by the UNKNOWN entry in the diagnostics here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Only-available-at-home-error-message-when-trying-t...

Can you please review with @Dan_M ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Ernie_C, 

Hope you're well. 

I am aware of the other thread that is ongoing however I didn't want to assume the device was the same as the other thread is specifically for iOS. 

We would still need the information from the customer's affected in order to pass it over to the teams which is why I've asked for it 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, same devices and issues as the many other reports:

iPad Pro with iOS 14.5.1

iphone XR with iOS 14.5.1

Virgin TV Go app version:

Build: 4.31.0 (4.31.17.036)
Device: iPad Pro
OV: 3.15.14
Conviva: 3.1.9
Connection type: WiFi
Customer HH: 200731497
MQTT broker: CONNECTED
MQTT CPE status: ONLINE_STANDBY
Last MQTT status check: 2021-05-27 07:45:58 GMT+01:00
SSDP status: 2021-05-27 07:45:57 GMT+01:00
Device IP address: 192.168.50.8
CPE ID: 000378-EOSSTB-003922952803
CPE IP: Unknown

TV360 running os 4.31

Issue: can see recording in the app, can select and see synopsis, cannot watch.  Get an error message stating: only available at home

Devices are on the same network, other app functions such as the virtual remote control work fine (demonstrating that the app can see the device on the network)

Bri

Hi @synner,

Thank you for providing this information for us.

This matter is being investigated by the relevant team.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

This issue has been going on for a month, how long does it take to release an update for the virgin 360 box that fixes it ???

Hi Michaeljf2k21,

We can appreciate your frustration with this. The teams will be working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

^Martin

Rob1979
On our wavelength

Hi, I bit of info, if it helps: I moved on the TV 360 at the end of March, and this feature worked perfectly for about a week. In early April it stopped working (approx one or two weeks after I upgraded) and hasn't worked at all since. I do check it at least once a week as it is a feature I do want to use, therefore it's frustrating that it is not available.

I think the issue first happened for me on IOS 14.5 and IPadOS 14.5, I'm currently running the public betas of 14.7 on iPhone and iPad and still have the same issues with both. Is this problem only happening for Virgin Media customers in the UK? Or is this an issue on all the equivalent platforms across all the Liberty Global brands?

Rob, pretty sure this happened after the app was updated to 4.31 about a month ago. Interestingly the previous version was 2.3.65 which could indicate some major internal reworking or it could have been just a number change to bring it in to line with the TV360 box software version numbering. The box is now at 4.32 (although some users are still waiting for that) so I suspect an upgrade to 4.32 on the app is imminent, whether that fixes the problem is anybody’s guess. I have had an incident number with support for over a month but no feedback, par for the course unfortunately. Sometimes it feels as if customers are an irritation with Virgin. 

Rob1979
On our wavelength

Thanks Starlir, I think my biggest annoyance with it all is that it has a feeling of untested software a lot of the time, I was charged to upgrade and therefore I shouldn't feel like it's part of a beta program. I'd happily test any prereleases (and be a long term beta tester, but the upgrade therefore should have been free if so), which is why I instal public betas of all the Apple OSs, someone needs to test things, but once software hits a full public release it should work perfectly.

My box is still on 4.31, but I got the last update extremely late compared to some people. But this all being said, I much prefer 360 to the older Tivo firmware. In general it is very good, but has a few things that need sorting out sooner rather than later.